Friday, May 07, 2010

Kero's korner: one very busy week

Hi humans, it's Kero here!

I hhad a good rest last Friday afternoon, and on the Saturday. It started being busy for me again on Sunday though.

Mami and I went for our walk Sunday morning, and had hardly got home when Mamgu showed up. She took us back to her place, and I had dinner with Willow. Willow was so happy to see me. She said she'd been calling me, but I told her I was back at the flat now, so I was too far away to hear. Anyway, then Mami and Dadi went with Dadci to that club place, and I stayed with Mamgu, Willow, and Nani. Mamgu and I took a nap, which was great! I love naps! Eventually though, Mami and Dadi came back for me. I was so happy when Mamgu grabbed my harness and lead, but even more happy when I heard Mami whistle me from outside.

On Monday a man came, and I had to bark at him. Then I had to keep an eye on him while he was here. I needed a nap after that! Keeping an eye on strange visitors is tiring work!

On Tuesday, Mami and me were on our way back from our walkies, when I spotted Mamgu. I wasn't sure it was her at first, so I hid behind Mami. But then she called me, and I realised it was her, so I tried to run to her. But I couldn't, because Mami doesn't run with that cane thing. But - because we were still along the path, so it was safe to do so - Mami let go of the lead so I could run to Mamgu. Then we waited for Mami, and walked back to the gate. I thought we were going in, but Mamgu took me and clipped my harness on to the doggy harness clip in the car. I thought she'd go back for Mami then, but she didn't. We just drove off. So I howled. Mamgu told me to quit it, so I sulked for a bit. How could she leave Mami behind? My poor Mami didn't get to go on the car ride!

We went to get my Auntie Tizzy, and I gave her a nice waggy tail welcome when she got in the car. Then we drove back to Mamgu's house, but me and Mamgu didn't go inside. We left the car, and went walkies. I thought that was great, until I saw where she was taking me... The groomer! I thought it would be OK at first, because the place was closed, but Mamgu stood outside it with me for a bit, and then the human who grooms me showed up to open up. I figured there was no point fighting it, so I decided to play the good dog, and walked in as good as gold, even trotting willingly to the kennels where they put us dogs before and after we get groomed.

Wayne picked me up, and took me back to see Willow. I had some food there, then I napped on the back of their sofa... Grooming takes a lot out of me, and Mamgu was still out with Auntie Tizzy, so I had to wait for it to be time to go home. When Mamgu got back, she took me home, where Mami and Dadi were waiting for me, and Dadi took my photo. Mami hasn't gotten the photo off her camera yet though, so I can't post it today.

On Wednesday, Mami and I were out for walkies, and Uncle Wayne and Mamgu showed up. Mami let me run to them again, and I made Uncle Wayne run back to Mami... Just for the fun of it! Then we all went back home. Or, I thought we all were going to. As it turned out though, Mami and Mamgu went to Dadci's car, and Dadi followed them, while Uncle Wayne and Auntie Tizzy took me indoors. I watched for Mami, Dadi, Mamgu and Dadci to come back, and after the postman came, they did. So I told Auntie Tizzy and Uncle Wayne that they were there, and they got their stuff together so they could leave when Mami and Dadi came indoors. Then I took a nap, and after that I supervised Mami, who was sorting veg for dinner. I don't know why you humans eat those vegetables... Mami seems to love them though. Anyway, after dinner Dadi went somewhere else with Dadci, and me and Mami had a quiet evening together.

Then yesterday (Thursday) Mamgu came to get me just before lunch time, and I had a play date with Willow. I stayed there all afternoon with Willow and Nani, while Mamgu took Uncle Wayne somewhere. Then Mamgu took me back home just right for Mami to do my dinner. I was tired after that, so I spent the evening alternating between napping, and barking at people who walked past.

And today (Friday) I had a race in the front garden with Poppy and Daisy, and I won. Poppy was really close behind me though, and might have won, but Daisy made her stop. It doesn't matter though, because I was in front even before that. I'm super fast!

After that, a man came to do something with some wires, and I kept an eye on him to make sure he was doing a good job. Then me and Mami went for walkies, and soon after that, Mamgu showed up. She stayed for a bit, visited with Daisy and Poppy and their human, then went away again.

Yep, it's been a busy week!

Licks and sniffs,


Intense Guy said...

*hugs, sniffs, licks (especially since you are so clean!), and rea noogies*

Gosh, I need a nap just reading about all the running around you did!

Deanna said...

I think those humans need to slow down a bit. They are wearing you out. Glad you got to play with Willow a bit.

You do smell nice but I'm not licking you!

Toriz said...

Kero said...

Thank you both. I agree... The humans need to give me more time for naps!

Licks and sniffs,

AliceKay said...

Wow...I'm tired out just reading about your exciting week.

I'm glad you kept a watchful eye on that stranger while he was there at your place. I've had a few here at my place before and sometimes they can be very aggravating.

Playtime it always fun time. I'm glad you had a chance to have fun with your pals this week.

Toriz said...

Kero said...

Thank you, AK! And, yes, play time is always fun!

Licks and sniffs,