Monday, May 31, 2010

May 2010 craft update: baby blanket

OK, it's time for May 2010's craft update!

I've done much better with my knitting this past month. For one thing, I managed to finish this:



It's the baby blanket I've been knitting for baby Michael. I did give some blankets I'd made to baby Emma-Jane too, but I'd made those in the past, and didn't think about getting photos until after I'd given them to Louise (her Mami). But I made sure to get a photo of this one before I gave it to Elizabeth (Michael's Mami). So, yeah, that's the baby blanket I knitted for my nephew and Godson. I really hope they aren't wrong, and that it is a boy, because of it being mostly blue. Mind you, I asked Elizabeth about it before making it, and she said she wouldn't care, and agrees with me that it would matter more if it was pink and the girl turned out to be a boy. Besides, blue is Elizabeth's favourite colour, so she's going to be pleased with blue no matter what, I think. LOL!


Anyway, I have also finished almost everything for the hhandmade giveaway thing. I just have to finish off the one item, which I have started, but pretty much only just. It will be done soon though, so I "should" be sending off the stuff for the giveaway by either the end of June or start of July. Sorry I've kept those of you who signed up waiting so long.

Like I said, May was a much better month for crafts. :)

Tori

P.S. If you're wondering, the blankets I made before and gave to baby Emma-Jane were yellow, green, blue and purple. One was just four thick bands - one of each colour - but the other one was thinner stripes of the colours, with them alternating in a spacific order. I made them a few years back for a baby who never ended up needing them.

10 comments:

Intense Guy said...

Regardless of the color, a soft warm handmade blanket is a special gift -

and the colors in this one are really eye pleasing - you did a ver nice job. The baby will be happy to sleep beneath it.

Celticspirit said...

Very nice Tori! Those are very soft gentle looking colors.

Deanna said...

Beautiful blanket from a very talented young lady. What a lucky baby - no matter whether boy or girl!

Toriz said...

Thanks all. :)

Rita said...

Nothing like a handmade blanket and this is very pretty--as I'm sure the other ones were, too. I'm sure they'll love it. :)

Toriz said...

Thanks Rita. :)

MarmiteToasty said...

wow ToriZ not only is it beautiful, its so very neat :) you sure you cant see? :)

x

Toriz said...

Toasty:
Thanks. And, I'm sure. Funny thing is, I actually knit better now I can't see than I did before. LOL!

AliceKay said...

I agree....this is a very nice baby blanket and you did a wonderful job on it. What a special gift. :)

Toriz said...

Thanks AK. :)