Monday, May 03, 2010

Sunday, Star Wars, Sky, and a bankholiday Bloggerversary (FD)

Yesterday (Sunday) Kero, Kelly and I went up to my parents' place for dinner. Mam almost always makes a roast dinner on Sundays. Well, actually it's my Nan doing it right now, because Mam's having trouble with her shoulder, so can't lift the pans or anything.

After dinner, Kero stayed with my Mam and Nan while Kelly and I went to the gaming club with Dad. There was figure gaming in the afternoon, but nobody wanted to play any of the games I like to play, so I read one of my rulebooks. After all, it never hurts to brush up on rules. Then we had a Star Wars roleplaying session for a couple of hours. After which we went back to my parents' place to collect Kero. Then Kelly, Kero and I came home.

Gareth gave me a pdf of the rules for a Star Wars figure game we had discovered and plan to try. Getting figures to go to the maximum points total is rather tricky though, because the company who used to make it aren't renewing their contract, so unless someone else picks it up then we wont be having too many people managing to get hold of figures. We're grabbing some while we can though, so at least anyone who wants to play can borrow figures of ours to have a game if they can't get hold of figures themselves. The jedi figure I got the other day is one of the figures from the game. I originally brought her to use for my roleplaying figure, because of my Dad's preference for using maps while roleplaying to get a visual of what's going on. But now she'll have another purpose.

******

It's a bankholiday today here in the UK. We get a lot of bankholidays... I think there's one practically every month, if I'm not mistaken. They're pretty much just an excuse for stuff to close for an extra day, and for a long weekend. That's just my opinion though.

Anyway, it's also my 4th Bloggerversary. Yep, 4 years today, I started my blog. 4 years, and 1538 posts (1539 posts, if you include this one). Hmm... Maybe I talk too much? LOL!

It started out a nice day, and I got most of the washing dry on the line, but as I was putting the last bits out, I thought to myself, "I'm sure it will be raining soon." But I figured it was basically out there now, so it might as well stay. It only ended up out there for a few minutes though, because it then started to rain. So, I grabbed it in, and stuck it on the airer. I'd just finished doing that when it stopped raining. It hasn't really rained since, but I figured since it's on the airer now it can stay there. Besides, the evening is getting on, and I don't really want to leave it out over night.

We had our Sky put in today. The guy has to come back tomorrow though, because he forgot to do the phone wires. This isn't a huge deal, because it doesn't affect our ability to watch the Sky. But I want it done, because it means if we want access to the interactive features, or want to order a Box Office movie, then we can just press the red button. Without that phone wire, we have to call them up, wait for who knows how long on the phone, and then wait for them to sort it out. We don't use those features much, but while it wont cost me to get the guy back out, I'd like him to come and do it so we can use it if we want, without it ending up costing us anything to get it set up in the future.

I was just about to have lunch when the guy showed up, so I ended up shoving a couple of bits of bread in the toaster, and nibbling on some buttered toast while he was here. Well, he spent a large part of the time outside sorting the wires to the Sky dish, so why not?

Not much else happened today. I basically walked Kero, did housework, and that's about it.

I hope your day was a good one. Enjoy whatever's left of it, and stay safe! :)

Tori

4 comments:

AliceKay said...

Happy Bloggerversary. Four years is quite an accomplishment. :)

Sounds like you had another busy Sunday. I'm glad you enjoy the gaming with your family and friends.

I'm also glad you have your Sky and phone all connected so you can watch what you want when you want. Sitting on the end of a phone waiting for customer service of any kind is a pain in the butt. (arent you glad i said butt?) :)

I'm watching Dancing With The Stars. It's a good show so far.

Intense Guy said...

Wow! Four years?! Happy Aniversary! You have about twice the number of post that I have - and you created that really cool blog rating scheme too.

:)

I hope you enjoy at least another four years of blogging! Something tells me you will enjoy (like it or not) another four years of struggling with drying the clothes and trying to decide if its going to rain on them!

Celticspirit said...

You've been blogging for about 2 years longer than me. Happy bloggerversary!Your blog has always been fun and interesting and I enjoy reading it.

Toriz said...

AK:
Thanks. :)

Yeah, tell me about it! I've been spending far too much time on the phone for my liking lately. :(

I'm not a fan of that show. Nothing against it as such, but it's hard for me to enjoy it, for understandable reasons.

Iggy:
Thanks! :)

Probably a lot longer than 4 years for the clothes thing, but - like the Blogging - it's my own choice. :)

Barb:
Thanks! I'm glad you enjoy reading my blog. :)