Monday, May 24, 2010

My very Sunny weekend (FD)

The weather has been beautiful all weekend. It's been around 23C (78F) with a slight breeze. Cool enough to not be so hot you don't want to do anything, but hot enough for those people who enjoy the hot weather. I'm not really one of them, so I've been glad of the breeze.

Friday I took the oppertunity to get all the washing caught up, since it was drying really quickly on the line. So, I was able to get everything that was even slightly dirty washed, dried, and put away on Friday. I also sat outside on my swingseat with Kero for most of the day. It was nice. Especially since my swingseat is in a more shaded part of the garden. Oh, and I took Kero for two walks by the river, because I noticed during our morning walk that there was a bit more of a breeze along that path than in our garden.

I'm told it's not a particularly great photo, but here's my swingseat, anyway...



So, that was basically my Friday. Chores, walks by the river, and chill out time in the garden.

Saturday morning my Mam phoned and asked if we wanted to go to the beach with her. We said we did, but only if we went to the one that allows dogs all year round, so that Kero could come. Especially since we'd been promising him a trip to the beach for about a year. So, Mam, Kelly, Kero and I went to the beach for the day on Saturday. I wont tell you about it now though, I'll tell you about it when I post the photos later in the week.

By the time we got home, it was baths all round - much to Kero's dismay - then dinner, and a relaxing evening together before bed. Quite a nice way to spend our anniversary, I think. :)

Sunday was just as hot. I was meant to be going to club with Dad, Kelly and Julian, but for a couple of reasons I didn't go. I stayed with Mam, Nan, Wayne and the dogs at my parents' place instead. I stayed there because we'd gone up there for dinner, and it was only then we decided I shouldn't go to club. Besides, The dinner was already cooking when the issue came up that decided things, and Mam had to come get Kelly anyway. Also, my Mam was making rhubarb crumble, and I wasn't going to miss out on that! LOL!

We came home just right for a show I've been watching on the Discovery channel to start. It's lucky I put it to record as well as watching it though, because it was a two hour long episode this time, and after the first hour I knew there was no way I could fight sleep any longer. Besides, I take what sleep I can, when I can. So, I went to bed. I've now got that show to watch, and another one about the Iceland volcanos that I taped last weekend to watch too. I planned to watch them today, but today is just slipping by so quickly that I'm not sure I'll get to it. No big deal though. There's always tomorrow.

Today (Monday) has - as I just mentioned - just gone zooming by. I don't know what happened to it. I have the last of the washing from the weekend on the line drying. Actually, it's probably dry by now. We ended up with a lot more than normal because of the beach trip. Plus the fact I wasn't here to do the washing when it needed to be done yesterday. I feel like that's all I really achieved today... Very productive day, I don't think! Ah well, at least I got the washing and other chores done. That's the main thing, right?

OK, I think I'll let this do for today. I hope you had a great weekend, and are having a great day... Even though it's Monday! Enjoy whatever's left of your day, and stay safe! :)

6 comments:

Intense Guy said...

Ah, a trip to the "doggie beach" for your anniverary! That sounds like a nice treat for you and for Kero!

How was the rhubarb crumble?

Enjoy your Monday too!

Its cooled off here - it wasn't that warm but its been really sticky humid (which I hate more than being warm!)

Toriz said...

Iggy:
Despite it being after 7:00 pm now, It's still quite warm here. It is a bit cooler, but not by much. I agree though, humid is worse than hot.

The crumble was very tasty.

LadyStyx said...

71F here and feeling rather nice. Been so nice we've been able to open up the windows and let the place air out a bit. Then again, it's after 8pm now so goodness knows how warm it got during the day while we were sleeping...

Rita said...

Hot and sticky up here--storms, hail, and tornado watch. Love the AC! Sounds like a really nice anniversary--whole weekend, actually. Even the washing. It is such a good feeling to get everything clean--even if there is more dirty right around the corner--hehe! Glad you got some sleep. You're right--there's always tomorrow to watch stuff on tape. I love VCRs--hehe! :)

AliceKay said...

Sounds like you had a busy but nice weekend. I'm glad your anniversary was spent having some fun on the beach. :)

It was 80+F here this afternoon, and I've had the windows open and fans going since I got home from work...except for when a small rain storm went thru. It's 8:50PM here now and it's 63F outside. Nice cool breeze coming thru the windows.

Toriz said...

Yep, it was a very nice weekend! :)

Styxie:
71F at that time of the day? Ouch! Bet you're glad you slept through the day!

Rita:
Yes, I agree. It's always nice knowing you got everything clean. Even if you'll be doing it again tomorrow. LOL!

VCRs and Sky+ boxes are very useful to have! ;)

AK:
You can keep your over 80F temps, thanks! I can just about cope with 78F, but beyond that I get to the point where I'm not comfortable, and I'm totally miserable!