Thursday, September 23, 2010

17 Again

"Who says you're only young once?"

"In 1989, Michael O'Donnell was a star athlete with a full college scholarship imminent. He seemingly had it all, when, right before the championship game, his girlfriend Scarlett informed him she was pregnant. In that moment, he made the decision to throw everything away and proposed to her. Twenty years later, Mike's life isn't exactly what he expected it to be. Scarlett wants a divorce from him, forcing him to move in with his geeky millionaire best friend Ned, his job is going nowhere, and his kids Maggie and Alex want nothing to do with him. While paying a visit to Hayden High School to reminisce about the life he threw away, he encounters a strange beardy janitor. On the way home, is magically transformed back into his 17-year old self. With Ned posing as his father, he re-enrolls in high school, believing he has been given the chance to have his life over again, "but to do it right"."

(Above taken from here).

Another good movie. Not fantastic, but pretty good. A kind of slow starter, but it got better when we got to the part where Michael became 17 again.

4 comments:

AliceKay said...

Sounds like it could be an interesting movie. I think we all have "what if we could do over" moments in our lives.

Rita said...

I wouldn't want to go back. Was hard enough getting to this point the first time around--ROFL! ;)

Sounds like it might be a kinda cute movie, tho. :)

Intense Guy said...

There are all sorts of things I would "do over".

Being 17 again and knowing what I know now? Sure in a heartbeat. But I would do a lot of what I did - the second time too.

Toriz said...

AK:
Yeah, it was an interesting movie, and, yes, we all have those moments.

Rita:
Sometimes I think that, but other times I wonder what I would do differently if I had the chance.

Iggy:
There are things I would do differently too. Though, there are also things that make me think I wouldn't want to go back, in case I had to deal with going through those things again.