Thursday, September 09, 2010

Basically just an update (FD)

I wish the weather would make its mind up. Sun, rain, sun rain... Pick one already! Seriously, one minute it's raining, the next it's sunny. I don't mind either type of weather usually, but when it can't make up its mind it gets really annoying. I mean, do you take a coat, or not? How do you know what to do when it looks like it's going to be lovely and sunny and warm, then the weather changes and it rains. Or, the other way around!

I've not done much... Housework mainly.

I washed everything that wasn't nailed down... Our bedding, the bedding from the bed in the spare bedroom, Kero's bedding, the throw and cushion covers from the sofa... And anything else that hadn't been washed for a while that could go in the washing machine. And if I couldn't put it in there, then it got scrubbed, vacumed, or whatever else had to happen to clean it. And, if you're wondering, I did feel better for doing all that cleaning.

There's a box of ornaments and a box with a few other items in it that haven't been put back away, but other than that everything is put back away from being packed up for the work to be done. I'll be glad when I've done the last few bits, and don't have packed up boxes around any more.

I have also managed to find some time to do some work on some craft stuff. So there will actually be something interesting for me to say in my craft update at the end of the month.

I've been sleeping good too. And at night, which is an added bonus!

Anyway...

Sunday we had our usual dinner at my parents' place, and club afterwards. Mam had Emma-Jane for the night Saturday though, so she was still there and I got some time with her before dinner, since Mam had to see to dinner. Time with her is always fun. She's such a happy little thing... Even now, when she's teething and in the colic stage at the same time.

Yesterday (Wednesday) I went to my parents house for the day. The plan was to go by bus. Wayne came and met me and walked up town with me to get the bus to my parents' place, but we stopped to get my pills and missed the bus. We weren't bothered - we were just going to have a walk around town and have a chat, or whatever - but Mam decided since we had an hour before the next bus came she would come and get us instead, which was a good thing, as it turned out, since it started to rain about when we got in her car. Anyway, I spent the afternoon with Mam - we made blueberry muffins - then after dinner got a little baby visiting in before going home, and learned that even when really sore and tired, little Emma-Jane can still find it in her to smile and laugh.

Those are the highlights from my life lately. Other stuff did happen, obviously, but everything else is either stuff that doesn't belong on my blog, stuff that isn't worth mentioning, or stuff that will be mentioned in upcoming posts, so I don't plan to mention them today. So I'll let this do for now. Sorry I've not been around the blogs properly, but I'm trying to do work on craft items whenever I have spare time between club sessions, housework, etc. There will be posts each day though, because of various things - mostly movie reviews, admittedly - that I have scheduled to post for you from my collection of posts saved in draft that I want to get around to posting, but didn't because I kept posting other stuff. I will be on to check comments - and your blogs - most days though, and will post on the day from time to time. But most of the posts for this month will be ones I've scheduled recently, which will be posting themselves each day for me while I get to work on various craft projects (mostly Christmas craft projects... Will say more in my craft update posts as I get stuff done, before anyone asks).

6 comments:

Deanna said...

Good for you getting all that work done! I always feel better when I've put in a day of hard work getting the place in shape. And it is great news that you are sleeping better. Yea!

Little Emma-Jane sounds like an absolute doll. I'm glad you are getting to spend so much time with her.

Louise said...

I know what you mean about the weather, hopefully it will sort itself out soon.

Housework has been top of my list too and i've managed to do a few bits today so i'm getting there lol.

xxxx

AliceKay said...

Busy, busy, busy. You were making me tired just reading about the laundry and cleaning. :)

I'm glad to hear you've been spending more time with Emma-Jane. Those are special times. And I'm glad you're sleeping better...and at night even.

Have fun with your crafts. Don't worry about the blogs...they will be here when you have the time to get to them. *hugs*

Intense Guy said...

If you weren't so busy, I could find some things for you to clean here....

:)

Emma-Jane sounds like a real joy to have around - and you can craft with her too - since she won't be spying on the Christmas goodies.

Rita said...

Sounds like you need to carry an umbrella lately rain or shine!

Funny--I've been washing everything too! Feels good, yes. :)

I hope you continue to sleep well. Glad you got some baby time in recently. Emma-Jane sounds like a joy!

Can hardly wait to see your craft projects at the end of the month. Stay dry!! ;)

Toriz said...

Deanna:
Yeah, it feels good knowing things are sorted nicely.

And I'm glad I get to spend time with her too. :)

Louise:
Can but hope!

AK:
Yeah, I feel that way when others write about doing a lot too. LOL!

I know the blogs will still be here, but I feel bad when I don't visit regularly.

Iggy:
Nah, it's OK... I think I have enough cleaning to do. ;)

True. Though I'm not sure how much will get done with her here. LOL!

Rita:
Yep. Only trouble is... I don't have an umbrella. LOL!