Thursday, September 30, 2010

September 2010 craft update: scarves + baby bits

OK, it's time for September's craft update.

First of all, I made a couple of scarves recently that I didn't mention, and didn't get photos of for previous craft update posts. So there I was saying I had nothing to talk about craft wise, when I had the scarfs to mention. Oops! Well, here they are now, anyway.

A blue and green one...



With a slight tassle at each end...



A multi coloured one...



A purple and grey one...




And a different kind of purple one...




So, that's the four scarves.

And I finished the baby toys I was making for Michael for Christmas. Squishy, soft, shape toys... A ball, a triangle, a square, and a rectangle. Just rough shapes, but the idea is to not have sharp edges, since he's only going to be 5 months old at Christmas... In the eat everything in sight, hit people - especially himself - phase with toys.



I also managed to get this blanket knitted up. I considered giving it to Michael too, but since I'm going to be babysitting Emma-Jane on a regular basis now, I figured I'd keep hold of it for her for nap time. Especially if we get weather as cold as we had last Winter when Winter rolls around. I'm proud of how quickly I made this blanket. It's bigger than the one I made for Michael before... I'd call it a "toddler blanket"... Not as big as the one I made for Rachel last year, but bigger than a typical baby blanket. And the reason I'm proud of myself? It took me about 2 weeks to knit this blanket. And I wasn't literally knitting all the time either. During that time I also sewed together the baby toys, brailled up stat cards for figure gaming, went to club, babysat Emma-Jane... You get the idea! Anyway, here are a couple of photos of the blanket...




I'm now working on a toddler blanket for Emma-Jane (not to keep here, to give to her for Christmas) and some other items for people for Christmas... Some knitted, some made from clay.

I FINALLY got those parcels sent off for the handmade giveaway thing. In fact, I know two of them have arrived with the people, which is pretty impressive for international postage, since it can often take a couple of months for stuff to get to America from here. Sorry to those who signed up to it for the delay in getting your items to you. Also, sorry there wasn't more. I wanted to do more, but imagine how long you'd have waited if I'd done more! I feel bad enough that it's past the time I said it would take. I promised within a year, and it's more than that (only just, but still) so I feel bad I kinda broke the promise. I hate breaking promises... Even small ones like this!

Anyway, that's it for this month's craft update.

6 comments:

AliceKay said...

They all look great. You've been really busy knitting away. I'm sure Emma-Jane will be nice and warm with that blanket wrapper around her. :)

It's raining here today and we're under a flood watch. Two to four inches of rain is predicted for our area, but more is predicted to our east. We're hoping the ground can handle it all.

Time for me to get to work. Hope you're having a good Thursday.

The Wife O Riley said...

They are all beautiful! I particularly love the multi colored one! LOL!

I really can't wait until it gets just a little cooler so I can wear it. It's still in the 70's here, but it's just a matter of time before it's too cold to go out without it.

Deanna said...

Those scarves are all so pretty. And the toys are a great idea! The blanket looks very soft and snuggly. You have been such a busy beaver! Awesome job, Tori.

Intense Guy said...

They look really nice Tori!! I know the blue and green with the tassels on it smells nice too!

:) Thank you!!

Rita said...

You really have been busy! Amazing how you fit in time to knit with all the other projects you had going. EmmaJane is going to love that blanket and Michael should love his toys. Nice job on everything! So glad you posted pictures. :)

Toriz said...

AK, Deanna and Rita:
Thanks! Glad you like the items! :)

Wifey:
I'm glad you like your scarf, and that you can't wait to wear it. :)

Iggy:
Yeah, I thought I should wash them before sending them... Hence the nice smell.

And, you're welcome... Glad you like your items! :)