Monday, September 13, 2010

A dozen excuses

The task: "Writers often use excuses to keep from writing. Make your own list of excuses."

Here's my list of reasons I might give for why I can't write right now:

1. I'm too tired to write right now.
2. I need to read the rules for the games I plan on trying out at the club.
3. I was hoping for a bubble bath tonight, and can't write in the tub.
4. I'm behind on blog posts, and want to get caught up.
5. I'm behind on posts on Dad's forum, and need to go catch up on them.
6. There's a new episode of The Simpsons on.
7. Supernanny is starting soon, and I don't want to get in to anything in case I miss it.
8. It's a nice day, so I thought I'd take Kero for another walk.
9. I just need to grab a drink first...
10. I should check on Gwydion. I know I only checked him an hour ago, but...
11. Kero wants to play.
12. I haven't spoken to my Mam in a couple of days, maybe I should call her?

What reasons would you give for not doing something? It doesn't have to be something you don't want to do. Like with the writing with me, I want to do it, but always have excuses not to do it (according to the stuff they sent me with this task, it's a common thing for writers to do that). So, come on, let's here your list of excuses for putting things off.

4 comments:

AliceKay said...

Excuses? Hmm...you listed a couple I could use so will leave it at that. :)

Rita said...

1. Karma has just plopped her big self on my chest.
2. I have sooo much to catch up on online.
3. Too foggy brained--can't focus.
4. Have this new DVD from Netflix to watch.
5. Sooo many cards to make.
6. Don't know what to write--writer's block--for years.
7. Can't sit very long at a time anymore.

My list could go on and on--hehe! ;)

Toriz said...

AK:
Fair enough. :)

Rita:
And all fair points too... ;)

Intense Guy said...

1) I'm out of town
2) I've run out of ideas that I think anyone wants to hear about
3) I'd rather eat dinner and watch tv.
4) I'm too busy laughing at the thought of Karma plopping down on anyones chest (and them still being able to breathe).

:)