Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Hot and tired (FD)

Can you believe it's already September? I have no idea where the days are going!

After all that wet weather, it was good to hear on the radio that the sun was scheduled to come out this week. Unfortunately they neglected to mention that it planned on making up for its absence by having the temperature jump from 12 C (even in the hottest part of the day) to being 23 C at about 5:30 in the evening. And, yeah, that's after it had cooled down a bit from the temperature it was earlier in the day. I'm hot, I'm uncomfortable, and with how much I've done today, I'm also really, really tired!
After who knows how long with hardly any sleep, I finally got a good night sleep last night. Then I woke up about 6:00 this morning, and figured that since I had woken up with a decent energy level, I would catch up on sorting the things around the flat. So, I spent the morning putting things away, doing laundry, etc. I even stripped the bed, and am working on getting the bedding washed and dried. I still need to put the clean stuff on. I would have had it done, but between the heat and the fact I went out this afternoon with Mam and Dad... Well, I'll get it done in a bit. Then I can crawl in to a nice, clean bed tonight. I love being the first person to crawl in to a nice, clean bed!

Before anyone asks... I didn't go anywhere special with Mam and Dad... I just went out with them while they ran some errands and did their weekly shopping. And we went out for lunch. Just to McDonalds and KFC. We went to both because Mam isn't a huge fan of McDonalds, and Dad doesn't like KFC at all. So Dad and I had McDonalds, and Mam had KFC.

OK, I really, really need to get off the laptop and get this bed made, and I'm tired, so I better publish this so I can get the bed sorted before I get too tired to bother, which wouldn't be a huge issue for me - I would just sleep on the sofa - but since our spare bed is currently covered in stuff I haven't finished putting back away there's nowhere else for Kelly to sleep, and I don't think he'll be too happy if he comes home from the Swansea club to find me asleep on the sofa and the bed not made. He'd probably make it himself, but then I'd miss out on getting to be the first in the nice, clean bed. Yeah, that thought is what's keeping me motivated... Make the bed, then I can curl up on it and go to sleep... Definately sounds like a good plan to me! In fact, it sounds so good that I'm going to go make a start on putting it in to action.

Enjoy whatever's left of your day, and stay safe!

6 comments:

AliceKay said...

I hope you had the energy to make up your bed so you can sleep in nice clean sheets tonight. I like that feeling, too. :)

Cleaning and picking up around the home can take a lot out of a person. I have my third load of laundry in the rinse cycle as I type this.

We've been having wide temperature ranges around here lately. We had temps in the 40sF and 50sF during the night last week, and then it would warm up between 85F and 90F in the daytime. When I got up this morning it was 60F and now it's 90F out there. That's hot. I'm thankful I have air conditioning and can afford to pay for the electricity it's been costing to keep this trailer somewhat cool.

I hope the rest of your day was a good one and enjoy tomorrow. I hope it's a bit cooler but not raining. :)

Intense Guy said...

Ahh... nothing quite like being the first one into a freshly made bed!!

I hope you slept well tonight!

Rita said...

Oh I love crawling into clean sheets!! :):)

I am totally drained, myself. After being over to Dagan and Leah's yesterday and then running about with Leah tonight...shot! No crispy clean sheets for me, but they'll feel good anyways--hehe! Especially since it suddenly cooled off again up here. So--I hope it cools off for you, too.

Toriz said...

AK:
Yeah, I found enough energy to make the bed.

Including all the bedding, throws, clothing, etc, I ended up washing and drying four loads yesterday, with another load in the machine when I went to bed. Today I've gotten that load dried, washed and dried another, and am now working on getting Kero's bedding washed and dried. All I have left - laundry wise - is the bedding on the spare bed. But since I'm already on my third load today, I'm not sure I'll get to that until tomorrow.

Iggy:
I slept really well, actually.

Rita:
Yeah, when you're tired sometimes you just want your bed. Hope you managed to sleep well last night!

Louise said...

I love getting in to a nice clean bed, its smell's lovely and is so crisp!
It dont stay nice for long as i'm sweaty betty in the middle of the night and also millie loves rooting around on my bed xx

Toriz said...

Louise:
Our bed never stays clean for long either. But it's nice while it lasts.