Saturday, November 20, 2010

Emma-Jane aged eight months (FD)

I can't believe it! This adorable little baby is already eight months old! And she can do so many things... She's really growing up fast! She has been sitting up without support for a couple of months now, she can crawl - and fast too - and, if you offer her your hand to pull herself up on, she can get to her feet and take a couple of steps (then her legs go all wobbly, she falls to her knees, and gets cross about it). She can say, "yes" "Mam" "Nan" and "Gandad" plus, she shakes her head for no. And, if you offer her something she doesn't want, she'll push what you're offering her away while shaking her head for no, so she definately knows what it means. She also smiles when you ask her to, "smile," which makes getting adorable photos of her smiling really easy. Not that it was difficult before, since she's always been a happy, smiley little baby!




She has several of her teeth already (about eight of them, I think). And she absolutely LOVES her food. She eats just about anything you put in front of her. She even happily munches her way through things like garlic bread, spicey chicken, etc. I hope she keeps up her attitude towards food, because she even loves fruit and vegetables.

She also really, really loves her "dummy" (what we call a "binkie" over here).



Anyway, when she was here last Saturday I put her on the floor beside Kero in hopes of getting a nice photo of the two of them. I was pleased to find out when Iggy very kindly sorted my photos for me, that I had managed to get a photo of Emma-Jane and Kero together.



And I even got one of her petting Kero.



Kero stayed nearby while she played with the toys I have here for her.



She really seems to like that Dora doll.



She was playing on my living room floor in front of the fireplace and the TV.




With a children's channel on the TV... I think it's actually called "Baby Channel" or something like that. I just know it's a channel for babies, Mam said she likes watching it - and she definately seems to like it - so I put it on for her when she's here.



I had all these toys on the floor for her to play with...



... But, guess what? She decided it would be much more fun to crawl across the room and start playing with the changing mat. Of course... I mean, all those noise making, brightly coloured toys couldn't possibly be as interesting as a changing mat, could they? ;)

That's basically it for today's post. But, I do have one last photo of Emma-Jane for you all.



It's still hard to believe that she's eight months old already!

5 comments:

AliceKay said...

Babies grow up pretty quickly. Emma-Jane is learning lots of new things. Cute little girl. Thanks for sharing your pictures with us. The one of her petting Kero was cute. :)

Rita said...

Kero looked pretty big next to EmmaJane there, but she is growing fast. Can feel the love you have for her all the way over here. ;) Wonderful post!

Toriz said...

AK:
Yeah, they really grow up quickly! Too quickly!

Rita:
Yes, she's an adorable little one. :)

Intense Guy said...

:) She's a cutey-pie alright!

I bet she really brings a lot of sunshine to your room when she comes to visit!

Toriz said...

*Nods at Iggy*