Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Year One

"Zed, a prehistoric would-be hunter, eats from a tree of forbidden fruit and is banished from his tribe, accompanied by Oh, a shy gatherer. On their travels, they meet Cain and Abel on a fateful day, stop Abraham from killing Isaac, become slaves, and reach the city of Sodom where their tribe is now enslaved. Zed and Oh are determined to rescue the women they love, Maya and Eema. Standing in their way is Sodom's high priest and the omnipresent Cain. Zed tries to form an alliance with Princess Innana, which may backfire. Can an inept hunter and a smart but slender and diffident gatherer become heroes and make a difference?"

(Above taken from this page).

I thought I would have enjoyed this movie, especially with my interest in stoneage history, and love of most books and movies I've seen on the subject (even those that definately aren't accurate... Like "The Flintstones" and such). However, this was one of those movies that sounded good, had a couple of good parts, but wasn't as good as it had seemed it would be. I couldn't get in to it, Kelly and I both thought it was a bit of a weird movie, and Mam - who had planned to watch it with us - got bored and decided it wasn't worth watching, so left the room. This definately doesn't fall in to the catagory of movies I would recommend you rush out to see. It's not a bad movie as such, but it's not really that good of a movie either. It's one of those, "it was OK, I guess," type of movies.

4 comments:

Rita said...

Thanks for the heads up. I'll pass on this one. Sorry it wasn't a better movie night for you guys. :)

AliceKay said...

Sorry to hear the movie wasn't as you expected. I watched the trailer for it on the IMDb link and it looks a little stupid. (it's a Jack Black movie...kinda expect that) Sometimes, tho, stupid movies turn out to be pretty good.

Toriz said...

Rita:
Yeah, that's probably the best option.


AK:
I don't tend to go by actors and actresses, because sometimes they can surprise you. Sometimes a great actor/actress can play a bad role in a bad movie, or even a bad role in a good movie. Other times they can play a great role in a bad movie, or a great role in a great movie. So I tend to ignore who is in movies, to be honest.

Intense Guy said...

The premise sounds rather contrived and bizzare. I'm no fan of Jack Black but...

I guess there are many more promising movies in the queue before this one!