Tuesday, November 30, 2010

November 2010 craft update: scarves and snowmen

OK, it's time for this month's craft update. Can you believe it's the end of November already?

So, what have I achieved this month? Well...

I finished knitting the scarf I mentioned in last month's post.



I also made a snowman ornament out of clay, because my Mam seems to like my clay ornaments, and I never made a snowman one last year, so thought she'd like to have a snowman one to add to the holly, santa, bell and Christmas tree ones I made her last year.



And, Kero wanted to help make something, so I tried to get his pawprint in a bit of clay. It didn't work fantastically, but it just about worked. He wasn't so eager to help afterwards... Not once he realised there was wet stuff involved in what I was doing. LOL!




I did manage to make one other clay item. But since it's a Christmas present for someone who is often reading my blog, and since that person will know it's for them as soon as I say what it is - or, at least, suspect it is - I'd rather not say what it is. I'll tell you after Christmas... Once the person has the item and knows what it is already.

I'm now working on another blanket. Although, this blanket is for me. I just decided I should actually knit something for myself, and with how warm and snuggly the blankets I made before have felt, I decided I wanted one for myself. So, I'm making me one. I've knitted a decent chunk of it, despite there being a couple of hundred stitches per row.

OK, well... That's it for November's craft update. Mind you, I had more to mention in this month's post than I thought I would, since I only expected to have finished the scarf, and didn't expect to have had time for anything else. So, that's good... Right?

8 comments:

Rita said...

Nice scarf! I had to giggle at the Kero footprint and can't blame him for not wanting to participate--ROFL! He must have thought you were crazy--hehe! A nice cuddly blanket sounds like just what you should have. I am wondering who the clay gift is for. I have my own personal guess, but I'll be waiting to see. :):)

Deanna said...

Way to go Tori! That scarf is pretty and the ornament is special (and pretty too).

It's about time you do something for yourself!

I can only imagine how Kero felt about getting his clayed. lol

AliceKay said...

Yep, that's good. And I think it's time for you to make something for yourself, too. I hope that blanket will keep you warm for years and years. :)

Nice ornaments. :)

Toriz said...

Thanks all! :)

Intense Guy said...

I second Deanna's comment 100%!

Toriz said...

Thanks Iggy. :)

Aunt of 14 said...

It never ceases to amaze me how some people can knit or crochet stuff that looks storebought like you do. I just cannot comprehend it!

Toriz said...

Nikki:
Thanks! :)

The funny thing is, I actually got better at knitting after I couldn't see any more. I have no idea why... My theory though is that where it's my hands having to do all the "looking" it's easier to pay attention to not dropping stitches. That's the best theory I can come up with.