Friday, November 05, 2010

Furkid Friday: walkies and noise

Hi humans, it's Kero here!

My Dadi has been coming on some walkies with Mami and me, which I think is really great! I don't even mind that sometimes it has been raining just a little bit while we've been out there.

There is a dark side to this week though. Well, a noisy side more like. Thos "bang" noises that seem to show up this time of year are back! Mami and Dadi say they are called "fire worrks" or something like that. Mami really loves them. I didn't mind them at first, but I had a scary experience with one going off just a bit too close to me, so now I'm really scared of them. The smaller ones are OK, but when they get bigger I find somewhere to hide. I've found that under computer desks and under beds works best for this.

Gwydion feels the same way as me, and hides under his hay when they start happening each evening. They're making him a bit bad tempered, actually. Luckily the humans do know it's just because he's so scared. He'd be in real trouble otherwise, because he tried to bite Mami earlier. I'm not sure if he actually did bite her... If he did then he didn't break the skin. I think more than anything it was a, "I'm scared, I'm cross, now leave me alone," warning. Luckily for Gwydion, Mami thinks so too, so she just put him back in his cage and left him to calm down, and - if I know Gwydion, and I think I do - to stuff his face with the contents of his dinner bowl. He's a sweet little thing usually... I wouldn't have taken him for the biting kind... I guess he's tougher than I thought he was! If you're wondering. No, Mami isn't cross with him. She knows the fire works are scaring him, and that us fur babies tend to get a bit bad tempered when we're scared. She did tell him, "no," and call him, "bad boy," but that's all. Lucky for him! I really should warn that little guy that you never, NEVER try to bite the Mami human!

Anyway, that's all the news for this week, and Mami says that uncle Wayne is coming for a visit today, so I better go and watch for him... Don't want to miss spotting him approaching my property (especially since it gives me a perfect excuse to bark for a bit).

Licks and sniffs,
Kero

9 comments:

AliceKay said...

Fireworks can scare a lot of people, too. Those noisy bangs sometimes get to be a little too much. I'm glad you and Gwydion are coping okay.

Lucky you....a chance to bark for a bit. :)

Rita said...

Fireworks are horrible!

Sometimes you have to threaten to bite humans. Putting your teeth on them is usually enough to make your point. You don't even have to bite down--even if you'd really like to. Biting down can get you in really, really hot water. Humans get very upset over biting. Go figure.

Glad you got to go on walks. Keep an eye out. Watch for Wayne...or anybody else!
Love, Karma

Toriz said...

Kero said...

AK:
Glad it's not just as furbabies with fire work issues!

Karma:
Yes, very true! And, don't you worry, I plan on watching for anyone I can possibly bark at!

Licks and sniffs,
Kero

Toriz said...

Gwydion said...


Karma:
That's what I was doing. I didn't want to risk actually biting down on the human who provides food, but I had to make my point... When you're scared, you just don't want to be out in the open... Even if you're getting cuddles!

Squeak soon,
Gwydion

Rita said...

I totally agree, Mr. Weakers. Since we don't speak human--well, I think of it as emphatic animal sign language. *purrs*
Love, Karma

Toriz said...

Gwydion said...

Karma:
You're absolutely right!

Squeak soon,
Gwydion

Intense Guy said...

I bet you can bark just as loud as a firework Kero!! I mean, you got to test that out and maybe practice some - but I'm sure you can!

:)

I bet that might even startle the squeeking fur pig too!

Toriz said...

*Glares at Iggy*

Don't give him ideas!

;)

Toriz said...

Kero said...

Yeah, Iggy... I bet I could!

Licks and sniffs,
Kero