Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Fireworks 2010 (FD)

Carl gave me some fireworks for my birthday, so we decided to have a private display. Then we decided that with it being Baby Emma-Jane's first year, we "had to" invite her. Next thing we knew we had Emma-Jane, Jane (Emma-Jane's grandmother), Chelsea (Jane's eldest grandaughter), Andy (Jane's youngest son and middle child), Caroline (Andy's partner), Erin and Alex (Andy and Caroline's children), another Andy (Jane's boyfriend), the other Andy's four children (not sure of all their names, but 2 girls and 2 boys), the little boy who lives next door to Jane, Mam, and I all there for a display. So, food had to be included too (Mam and Jane cooked up some bits and made some sandwiches). We had it in Jane's garden, because she has the biggest garden out of her, Mam and I. We couldn't have the display on the right night because it was raining heavily that night, so we had it on Saturday night instead. Here are the photos:

























We had sparklers too... Here's Chelsea with one of hers...



I'm told these are the best of the firework photos, so, I decided to save the best photos until last, and end the post with the best shots of the bunch. So... Enjoy! :)







The older kids enjoyed the fireworks, but Alex (3) and Emma-Jane (7 and a half months) weren't so keen. They liked the quieter ones, but the loud "BANG" ones... They didn't like those. Caroline, Jane, Mam and I did try and persuade them that the bang noises weren't reasons to cry, but they weren't convinced. I don't think it helped that it was more or less Emma-Jane's bed time (she ended up going to bed when we stopped for a food break half way through the display). The other children (aged 6 to 12) liked them a lot more, but - with the exception of Chelsea and Erin - prefered to watch from indoors.

6 comments:

AliceKay said...

Marty didn't like fireworks when he was little either. He would hide underneath a blanket for most of the display. Ryan seemed to like them this summer, except for the big booms that echoed thru the mountains.

I'm glad you had a nice time sharing your birthday fireworks with everyone. Sounds like a good time. :)

(early birthday gift?)

Deanna said...

You got some really good pictures of the fire works.

My oldest daughter, Tessa, has never liked fire works - even at age 36 she dislikes them with a passion.

It sounds like a fun evening.

Toriz said...

AK:
Yes, early birthday present... Dad went to see him for his birthday a couple of weeks ago, and he sent them back with Dad for me.

Deanna:
Some people just dislike them. I suppose it's a matter of personal preference.

Intense Guy said...

I think I've always enjoyed fireworks and thunderstorms... :)

You had quite a crowd there! I lost count at around 20!

I think you need to change your name to Tori-Jane and your Mam's name to Mam-Jane...

:)

Rita said...

Dagan sat on my lap when he was little and we both held our hands over his ears and then he could watch them--ROFL! Don't let him know I told you that--LOL!!

Nice pictures! :)

Toriz said...

Iggy:
LOL!

Actually, we only had 15 people there. Trust me though, with 7 of them being aged between 6 and 12, it seemed like at least 20! ;)


Thanks for sorting the photos for me. :)

Rita:
I promise not to tell him you told me that! ;)

Glad you enjoyed the photos! :)