Sunday, November 21, 2010

What I had for my birthday (FD)

OK, I'm finally going to tell you what I had for my birthday.

Well, for a start, I had a lot of cards from friends and family...





Also, I had two new pairs of slippers.



The pinky-purple coloured slippers have little dogs on them and the word "dog" under the picture. And the blue ones are basically the same, only with cats instead of dogs on them.



I also had the fireworks that were part of the display we had on November 6th, a big bar of chocolate, a couple of audiobooks that arrived in the mail a few days after my birthday, some money, and - technically - a watch. I say, "technically," because Kelly brought me a new talking watch for my birthday, since I badly damaged the speaker on my old one, and it wasn't talking properly any more, but the button for adjusting the time didn't work when it arrived, so we couldn't set the time. We phoned them up, and they told us we had to send it back to get a replacement. We're still waiting for the replacement to show up. If it doesn't come tomorrow, I'll phone them and ask where it is.

Also, Jane (Emma-Jane's grandmother) made me this birthday cake:



It was a very tasty birthday cake!

I know Jane doesn't read my blog, but I'm going to thank her again for the cake anyway. I'm also going to say, "thank you again," to everyone who sent me cards (e-cards or the ones you see in the photos above), presents, texts, and any other birthday wishes.

8 comments:

Rita said...

Those look like really comfy slippers and a yummy cake! You did get a lot of cards and well-wishes! Now lets hope you have the best year yet ahead of you. 2011 here you come!! :):)

AliceKay said...

I was thinking the same thing when I saw the slippers...they look comfy. The cake looks very good. I'm glad you had yourself a nice birthday. :)

Toriz said...

Yes, they're really comfy slippers! :)

Deanna said...

Is Kero jealous of the cat slippers? Or dog slippers for that matter lol. They definitely look comfy. I don't believe I've ever seen so many birthday cards! Wowsa!

I could go for a piece of that cake right now.

Toriz said...

Deanna:
No, he's not jealous of them. His issue with slippers is hat after a while he decides my slippers make great toys, and my slippers end up being replaced due to being destroyed during my attempts at convincing him repeatedly to let go of the slipper. He doesn't shred them like he did as a puppy, but between his teeth tearing at them as he carries them around, and me trying to tug them out of his mouth... Well, let's just say I tend to need new slippers every year, despite not wearing them half as much as my shoes get worn (bearing in mind my shoes often last a couple of years).

I did have a lot of cards this year. But between family and friends, I often do have several.

Toriz said...

Oh, and, sorry... The cake is all gone.

Intense Guy said...

Darn. I missed the cake.

:) I recognize a card Rita made in that lot...

:)

Toriz said...

Iggy:
Sorry... It was a nice cake though. ;)

Actually, there should be two cards made by Rita in among those cards.