Sunday, November 14, 2010

How I spent my birthday (FD)

OK, I just thought I'd do a quick post today to tell anyone interested how I spent my birthday. I'll talk about what I had for my birthday another time. Today I'm just dealing with what I did for the day. So...

I had breakfast in bed made for me by Kelly (French toast and scrambled eggs). Then opened the cards and presents that were already here for me (like I said, more on that in another post).

Then Mam brought my favourite little girl to see me... Yes, Emma-Jane. And I got some one on one baby time while Mam went up town to run some errands. You can tell she's on the move now... She wasn't here more than an hour, but my living room already looked like the toy box had exploded all over it by the time she left. Still, at least it was only toys I had to clean up. Could have been worse. LOL! Anyway, I cleaned up while Mam took Emma-Jane on another visit, then Mam and Emma-Jane came back to get me to take me to McDonalds, where I had a veggie burger with some chips/fries (the only meal they seem to do for a Vegetarian), and a banana milkshake.

After McDonalds, Mam brought me home again, I had some birthday cake that Jane (Emma-Jane's "Nani") had made for me, then I spent some time catching up on posts, comments and e-mails. Then, later in the evening, Kelly and I had Chinese food for dinner, and I saved some of mine for today's dinner, which means I haven't had to cook today either. Not that I mind cooking, but still... It's nice to have a weekend off, right? Anyway, I had mushroom fried rice with sweet and sour sauce... My favourite meal from the Chinese place. I did consider having some banana fritters to follow it, but figured I had been eating more than enough junk food for one day, so I decided against it.

After dinner I watched TV for a couple of hours. Then, when I settled for sleep, I actually managed to get some decent sleep - and at night as well - so, YAY! It's just a shame that I woke up this morning with a sniffly, runny nose, headache and sore throat. At least I managed to avoid the cold being here for my birthday this year... Just! ;)

6 comments:

Rita said...

Sorry to hear you are getting a cold, but glad it waited till after your birthday. I hope it clears up fast!

Sounds like you had a really great birthday with lots of birthday treats! Nice! Nice! Now you're another year older and wiser, right? :):)

Intense Guy said...

French Toast served in bed and than a lively wee one over for a visit... how could a birthday be better than that? (Well, outside of the new Harry Potter movie having a first screening at your house I mean?)

:)

*hugs*

Hope you feel better really soon!

AliceKay said...

I hope you're feeling better soon, too. There's a lot of that stuff going around here.

Sounds like you had an excellent birthday. Nice to hear you had some special times. :)

Decent sleep? YAY is right. :)

Toriz said...

*Nods at everyone*

Yes, it was a really nice birthday! :)

Deanna said...

I'm so sorry I missed your birthday. Have been away from the computer for a few days (more like 4 or so days). Anyway, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! It definitely sounds like you had a good one.

I'm glad the sniffles waited until after your special day. Hope it doesn't turn worse than it already is.

Toriz said...

Deanna:
Thanks! :)

And, that's OK. Late birthday wishes count just as much! :)