Monday, November 15, 2010

most recent medical news (PTMI)

I had a dentist appointment last week. Nothing needed to be done, although I did have the dentist file down a sharp tooth of mine. It's been bugging me for a while, because it keeps cutting the inside of my lip, but I kept just not bothering to mention it. Only this time when I went in I still had a sore spot from my latest cut, so I decided to mention it. Now it's not so sharp, so "hopefully" shouldn't cut my lip so easily from now on.

About two weeks before that I had an appointment with the gynaecologist. This is the "PTMI" part of the post. It seems the cause of my issues is a too thin womb lining. So I've got some tablets that are "meant to" fix that. It's too soon to know if they are doing they're job yet, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed. At the moment I'm just pleased to have some answers... At least when you have an issue to work with you can try to fix it. All the time with no answers was much worse. At least now there's a chance of fixing things, because at least now we know what needs to be fixed, so we can try to fix it. I wasn't going to bother mentioning the gynaecologist information on my blog, but figured if anyone who has been reading my blog for a while remembered when I last went to the gynaecologist, then they might be wondering if I'd been back, and if so what was said. So, you can stop wondering now... If you were actually wondering, obviously.

And I've got an appointment for November 25th to go see Eirona (my artificial eye doctor).

3 appointments in 6 weeks... You wait several months for one, and 3 turn up at once... LOL!
Oh, and... I've been sneezing and sniffling all day. Yep, I've definately got a cold! :(

5 comments:

Deanna said...

Bummer on that cold!

I'm glad you shared the TMI part of your visit. It is good to know that you are making progress and at least now know what the problem is and are doing what you can to try to fix it. Good luck!

Rita said...

I agree. It is worse when you have no reason. At least if they have something to go by they can try to work with you to fix things. Sounds hopeful! :):)

I hope your last appointment goes as well as the other two. Rest and get well!! :)

Intense Guy said...

I hope you feel better ASAP!! You got fast approaching movie to attend!

Harry Potter!! Woo hooooo! (Of course, it is Hermione!!! Wooo hoooooo! for me!!) Nice there is enough movie stars to go around huh?

I hope your eye appointment is routine.

AliceKay said...

I hope you get to feeling better soon, too. I've somehow caught a bit of a cold and my voice is slowly going.

I've been wondering if you've been back to see the GYN but didn't want to ask for fear of upsetting you. Not knowing what is wrong is very hard. I know that as fact. I hope they get this little problem "fixed" and nature takes it from there. :)

Toriz said...

Deanna & Rita:
Thanks! :)


Iggy:
Cold or not, I'm going to see that movie! :)

For characters, it's Luna, Hermione and Harry for me, with some Dumbledore, Sirius and a whole lot of Dobby thrown in. For actors/actresses, it's Luna, Ron and Dumbledore.


AK:
I had a feeling you'd be someone who was wondering. It took a while to get a new appointment (apparently they "forgot" to send me an appointment), that's why it took so long for me to get back to see them. I should have gone back about July time. Now I have their direct number to call if I don't get an appointment by the time we get to January.

Anyway, thanks... I hope so too!