Friday, November 26, 2010

Furkid Friday: squeaking cold

Hi there humans. This is Gwydion again.

There's not much to say this week. I tell you what though... It's squeaking cold here! I mean, REALLY cold! We had a fine sprinkling of something that Kero and the humans said was, "trying to be snow, but not managing it." I was confused about this, but later discovered that what they meant was that it was snow, but there was so little of it that it wasn't really worth calling it snow, because although it stayed, it ended up being more like frost than anything. I'm not too sure what snow is or if it's a good thing. I've not really had anything to do with snow. Kero tells me there was some around the time that I was born, but I was too little to remember that, and I don't even remember if I was outside for it or not. I mean, come on, I'm only a little guinea pig. I mean, I've been here now for 5 months, and I'm only 8 months old (Well, OK, 8 and a half months). I don't really remember much about what happened to me before I was in the place where the Mami human and the Mamgu human came to get me from. And I definately don't remember any of this snow stuff. I hope snow turns out to be a good thing. Although, if the snow is the reason it's so cold, then it can't be, because - as I said - it's squeaking cold here... Which isn't a good thing, let me tell you!

OK, well, I think I will let this do for this week. For one thing, I haven't got much to say. For another thing, I have a pile of nice, warm, cozy, snuggly hay in my cage waiting for me, so I'm going to go and curl up in that to keep warm. I've got a full tummy from the breakfast I just had, and I've taken my turn with writing the "Furkid Friday" blog post. Now I can warm up, and maybe take a nap until it's time for my dinner.

Keep warm!

Squeak soon,
Gwydion

13 comments:

AliceKay said...

We had a little of that snow stuff yesterday morning. I don't particularly care for it myself, but I know your Mami loves it. (i just don't understand why...lol)

Hope you're keeping warm and taking a nap!

Toriz said...

Gwydion said...


AK:
We had some of that proper snow stuff show up just after I curled up in my bed. The world is now kind of white. Mami says there's not much, but there's enough to make the world look white and different. I don't like it. I'm staying in my bed most of the time, only coming out to eat. Kero had a bit of a run around in the snow, but he got bored - and, he says, cold - quickly, so went in. I saw Mami picking up lumps of the stuff, rolling it between her paws, then throwing it across the garden though. I don't get what's up with that. Kero says the humans tend to do that, and when he was a puppy he used to enjoy chasing the "snow ball" things and eating them. He's not showing any interest this year though. That didn't stop Mami throwing them though. I don't get why she's loving this snow stuff so much...I mean, it's cold, it's wet, and it makes the world look weird and white!

Squeak soon,
Gwydion

Rita said...

It does get very cold when the snow comes. It is very fun to lick, but I don't like to walk on it much because it makes your feet wet like very cold water even tho it isn't water. I like to go out on the porch for a short while (too cold to stay outside like you do). When the snow gets thick and sticks to my feet I love to turn around and eat my footprints off the carpeting after I run in the house. Stay warm in your hay--whatever that is.
Love, Karma

Toriz said...

Kero said...

Karma:
I knew another cat who did that kind of thing. Her name was Megan. She also liked to smack the snow to see what would happen, and when that made bits of it jump up in the air, she would pounce it. She stayed out longer than you though... She had no issues with being wet and cold. Sakura was similar to you, and prefered not to be in the snow too long. The other cat - Chance - he HATED it. He went out once the first day, but as soon as the cold and wet touched his paws, he was up on the wall like a shot. Then he sat there crying until Mami picked him up and carried him indoors. He never went out again until the snow was gone. We haven't had cats for a couple of years now, but I thought - being one - you'd like to hear about how our cats felt about the snow.

Licks and sniffs,
Kero

Rita said...

Kero--I will step in the snow to stand up against the porch wall and hit the snow caught in the screen to make it fall down. But I have to be in the right mood.

I will walk thru it quickly because there are always dry places for me to sit under the porch chairs.

Apparently I agree with you--snow is tasty.
Love, Karma

Toriz said...

Kero said...

Karma:
Yes, it is. And eating it saves you stopping to grab a drink from your bowl, because it quenches your thirst at the same time.

Licks and sniffs,
Kero

Toriz said...

Gwydion said...

Karma:
Hay is a sort of edible bedding I have. It's great for keeping you warm, but also great because you can have a little nibble without even having to get up. I heard about your cat grass. I suppose - in a way - it's sort of similar stuff to your cat grass. Does that help?


Squeak soon,
Gwydion

Rita said...

Mr. Weaker--
Yes, that helps. I am imagining lying on a bed of cat grass and it sounds pretty nice.
Love, Karma

Deanna said...

I'll bet Mami keeps you nice and warm. None of that cold wet stuff here yet but it sure has gotten freakin' cold a few nights. Are you careful not to eat yellow snow? Just wondering....

Toriz said...

Gwydion said...

Deanna:
I don't eat the cold snow stuff. I leave that to Kero. I'll ask him for you though.

Squeak soon,
Gwydion

Toriz said...

Kero said...

Deanna:
I'm not good with colours. But I'm guessing Mami wouldn't make the yellow snow in to snow balls, so I probably don't eat yellow snow.

Licks and sniffs,
Kero

Intense Guy said...

LOL@Punkn and Kero and the yellow snow...

I hope you are squeaking warm Gwyddy!

Toriz said...

Gwydion said...

Iggy:
I'm managing to keep nice and warm in my hay, and my humans are making sure I'm OK every couple of hours (and defrosting my water bottle when it needs it).



Squeak soon,
Gwydion