Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Watches, health and Christmas

I originally wrote a long post, but my internet decided to stop working, so it no longer existed. Well, that's not strictly true. The first sentence managed to get saved to draft before Blogger had no internet connection to use to save any more. I can't be bothered to write it all again though, so you'll just have to have the short version.

The watch that I mentioned in Sunday's post actually arrived on Saturday, but since I ended up feeling so unwell over the weekend I didn't get online to change the post. I wrote the post (along with Saturday's post about Emma-Jane, and Kero's Friday post) on Thursday. My plan was to change the part about the watch if it turned up before Sunday, but with how I was feeling Saturday I only made it online for long enough to quickly check my e-mails, then I just turned off the laptop again. I started feeling quite bad Thursday night, and it was only my insistance that, "I have to go see Harry Potter," that had me out on Friday with Kelly and Wayne to watch the movie. And, I think going out Friday forced this flu type bug thing to come to a nasty peak or something, because I then ended up really ill Friday night and in to Saturday. I was feeling slightly better by Saturday afternoon, but even now I'm not back to feeling 100%.

Anyway, on a more cheerful note...

I've caught up big time on my Christmas shopping. Luckily online shopping is an option, so I was able to do it while staying in the warm and dry. I now have almost everything at least on its way to me, with a couple of bits (mainly furkid presents) left to buy. Then I just have to get everything all wrapped up, post things that need posting (which includes writing and sending out cards) and then I'm done for this year. Which is quite lucky really, since Christmas is quickly getting closer and closer.

7 comments:

AliceKay said...

I hope you're feeling back to 100% very soon. *hugs*

Online shopping is great. You don't have to worry about rude people walking into you while you're standing in the aisle looking at something on a shelf. I've bought a few things for Christmas gifts, but that's it.

Rita said...

Sorry to hear you've not been feeling well. So glad you liked the movie, tho. Was it worth getting sicker over--hehe! Sounds like it was. :)

You are really on top of Christmas this year--whoohoo! I guess I am, too. Almost done making Christmas cards and then just have to address and send off. :)

I hope you get snow for Christmas!!

Toriz said...

AK:
You and me both!

*Nods in agreement at your rude people comment*

Rita:
Yes, it was worth getting sicker over. I was determined to go no matter what (though I told Kelly the night before, and told both Kelly and Wayne on the day, that if it had been anything other than Harry Potter I would have probably stayed home). It was constantly repeating, "I have to go see Harry Potter," that got me out to see it. I was determined to be at the first day of the Harry Potter movie... Just like I was with all the other Harry Potter movies!

Actually, I've been a bit behind this year and last year with Christmas shopping. I usually have everything in my posession, and at least most of it wrapped, by this point in the year. And my cards are usually written, and at least ready to post. This year I still have to get some stuff, still need things to arrive, and haven't even started the cards yet!

I hope I get Christmas snow too!

Intense Guy said...

Sounds like you have Christmas pretty much under control - I guess I'll be starting my shopping in a couple days. Well - I've only gotten one gift so far and this year my older brother and his wife and two nephews are coming - so I have to get 4 more gifts than usual before Christmas (instead of afterwards and mailing them to them!)

Aunt of 14 said...

I'm done with my christmas shopping too except for a few stray items. Feels kinda good doesn't it? But then again, I feel like I SHOULD continue to be shopping because its the season to shop! Pah.

Toriz said...

Aunt:
Yeah, it feels good.

You don't have to be shopping... Just window shop, or go somewhere where you can observe shoppers while drinking cocoa or something.

Toriz said...

Iggy:
Good luck with your Christmas shopping. And I hope you enjoy having your extra visitors for Christmas this year. :)