Monday, December 06, 2010

Booky and the Secret Santa

"Booky and the Secret Santa is a 2007 Canadian family television movie starring Rachel Marcus and Megan Follows. Directed by Peter Moss from a book adapted by Joe Wiesenfeld and written by Bernice Thurman Hunter. The movie first aired December 11, 2007 on CBC Television."

"Booky tries to bring her family the best Christmas possible, despite hard times during the Great Depression of the 1930s when her dad loses his job. She gets help from her mum and a department store owner."

(Above taken from this page).

This was a heart warming, and wonderful movie!

7 comments:

Aunt of 14 said...

Christmas movies are so great this time of year!

Toriz said...

Nikki:
Yes, they are. :)

Rita said...

Aha! This one is in the Instant Netflix movies I can watch any time, so I know I will see this soon. Love those Christmas movies. :):)

AliceKay said...

It sounds like it would be a wonderful movie. :)

Toriz said...

Rita:
Hope you enjoy it when you see it! :)

AK:
Yes, it's a wonderful movie.

Intense Guy said...

I wonder what it would be like - if the spirit and magic captured in this movie... were to exist all year round?

Toriz said...

Iggy:
It would be wonderful, I think. Unfortunately, with how humans are, I don't think that's very likely. I'd be among the first to agree to be in a "year round Christmas spirit" trial though.