Sunday, December 19, 2010

Happy 50th birthday, Mam



Today - December 19th 2010 - is my Mam's 50th birthday.

I didn't ask her about posting her age, but she makes no secret of it, so I see no reason why not to mention it. I mean, it's not like she's one of those people who still insist they're 30 even though the fact they have children of around that age means there's no way that's possible. Besides, 50 is one of those numbers a lot of people make a big deal about. Mam, for example, had a big party last night to celebrate. Parties aren't my thing, but she enjoys them, and hopefully the party took her mind off everything else going on right now... Even if it was only for a very short time.

Anyway, happy 50th birthday, Mam!

7 comments:

Karen said...

there was no party due to the weatyher :(

Rita said...

Happy 50th Tori's Mom!! Party or no party, I hope she had a great day! :):)

AliceKay said...

Happy Birthday to your mom. Sorry to hear she didn't have a party due to bad weather. (i still prefer you keep the snow over there)

Your 50th birthday is a milestone. People look at that milestone in a lot of different ways. I make no secret of my age either. I earned every gray hair I have. LOL

All joking aside, I hope she had a nice birthday even though there wasn't a party.

Toriz said...

Yeah... I set this post up a few days ago when the party was still on, but due to the amount of snow we have the party couldn't go ahead, only I forgot to come in and edit the post to reflect that. :(

Dorkys Ramos said...

I hope she had a wonderful birthday and continues to celebrate each coming year instead of dreading it! Even if there was no party, living life to its fullest is another way of appreciating and taking advantage of the time we have.

Deanna said...

Happy Belated Birthday to you mom. I'm sorry to hear she didn't have the party, but maybe a belated one will work. Winter has a way of throwing curves at us.

Intense Guy said...

Happy Belated Birthday Karen!!

I hope you still have a party someday - maybe after the Christmas madness... when it can be YOUR special day.