Sunday, December 05, 2010

Scrooge (1951)

"Miserly Ebenezer Scrooge learns the error of his ways through the intervention of the ghost of his former partner and of three spirits in this faithful adaptation of the Dickens classic."

(Above taken from this page).

I've seen several different versions of this movie, but I think this has to be one of the better ones. Why? Because it's the one that's closest to the original book, and I always like it when movies are close to the original books. Especially when - as with this one - I really enjoy the actual book.

7 comments:

AliceKay said...

This one is a classic.

Rita said...

That is my favorite of the really old versions. My next favorite is the version with George C. Scott made in the 80s. Can't think of a more modern version that I like as well as those two. :)

Toriz said...

AK:
*Nods in agreement*

Rita:
Not sure if I've seen the version made in the 80s... I've lost track of which versions I have and haven't seen though.

Rita said...

Try and see that one with George C. Scott. He was the best Scrooge! ;)

Toriz said...

Rita:
I'll do my best to get to see it. :)

Intense Guy said...

I know I've seen the George C Scott one.. he is an awesome Scrooge...

I've also seen a really murky black and white one... probably the one you reviewed... one would think I would remember Alastair Sim ... but I don't.

Toriz said...

Iggy:
Yeah, that could be the one I reviewed. I'm sure Kelly said it was black and white.