Saturday, December 11, 2010

Four Christmases

"Brad and Kate have been together three years, in love, having fun, doing all sorts of things together with no intention of marriage or children. Christmas morning, they're on 2their way to Fiji, having told their two sets of divorced parents that they're off to do charity work. Through a fluke, they have no choice but to visit each of their four idiosyncratic parents. As the day progresses, Brad and Kate remember growing up, each learns more about the other, and Kate realizes that her life may not be as good as it could be. Do they know each other well enough to weather the storms families bring?"

(Above taken from this page).

I didn't think much of this one. It was one of those movies where violence, people's embaresment and rude remarks are meant to be considered funny, but aren't in the least bit funny. At least, I didn't see anything funny about them. Considering the "mature" theme of the movie, I think the so-called comic moments were extremely immature.

4 comments:

Rita said...

Sure--figures--this one Netflix has. Probably because of all the well-known actors in it. ;)

AliceKay said...

I watched the trailer for this movie and read about 15 reviews. Some liked it, some didn't. I would probably like this movie because I like Reese Witherspoon and Vince Vaughn. Some of the "mature" content probably could have been left on the cutting room floor, but that's how they make movies these days. I'd probably laugh thru this movie, but that's me.

Intense Guy said...

This doesn't sound like my cuppa tea. :)

Toriz said...

Rita:
Oh, of course... The one I don't think worth watching you can watch. That figures! LOL!

AK:
Well, to each their own. :)

Iggy:
Probably not.