Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Basically babbling 'bout blankets

Other than the item I made for a friend for Christmas - which still hasn't arrived with the person, so I'm still not saying what it is - and the Christmas ornament I made for my Mam (and totally forgot to give her), the only craft items I made for Christmas this year - well, technically last year - were the things I made for the babies. The soft shaped toys I made for Michael, the blanket I made for Michael that I did consider keeping here to use when I babysit Emma-Jane, but did end up giving to Michael after all, and the blanket I made for Emma-Jane. I don't know about the babies, but I know the adults absolutely loved the blankets. In fact, Emma-Jane's was so much loved that her Auntie Pia (Emma-Jane's mother, Louise's older sister, and a long time friend of mine) has asked me to make one for her little baby boy, Max, who was born in October. So, I've put the blanket I was knitting for myself on hold - I'm almost half way through it now, but decided it can wait while I work on Pia's request - and have now started knitting Max's blanket.

8 comments:

AliceKay said...

That was nice of you to put your blanket on hold while you make one for Max. I'll be waiting to see a picture of it when you're finished. :)

Toriz said...

AK:
Well, I figure stuff for others matters more, and I'll still have time to have mine done long before next Winter.

Rita said...

You know they really loved them if they ask for one. ;) They looked so warm and snuggly. You'll have to be sure and finish the one for yourself!

I hope your present arrives soon. The mail can be so slow around the holidays.

Have fun knitting the new baby blanket! :)

Toriz said...

Rita:
Our mail is known for being slow quite often even without the holidays. Still, I do hope the present arrives with the person soon.


I will get my blanket finished in the end. But baby blankets knit up quicker (less stitches per row, and less rows to have to knit) so I can have Max's blanket done in the time it would have taken me to finish the other half of my blanket... Possibly even quicker. Then I can finish my own blanket. I'll have my blanket in time to snuggle up with it next Winter, so that's OK. :)

Deanna said...

Hon, you are making wonderful keepsakes. Keep it up! It was very nice of you to put your own project on hold. You are one of a kind!

Toriz said...

Thanks Deanna. :)

Intense Guy said...

I agree with Deanna... those lucky babies will have their mom's telling them when they are older, that "Auntie Tori" made 'em just for them.

Toriz said...

Thanks Iggy! :)