Saturday, January 08, 2011

Happy 83rd birthday, Nan

Today it's my Nan (Dad's mother)'s 83rd birthday.

My Nan has several health issues, had her hips replaced about six or seven years ago, and has become prone to falling quite often (ending up all bruised and battered, and taking ages to heal... She's still bruised from a fall she had almost two months ago). But she's hanging in there, and is still determined to do everything for herself... Despite all our efforts to persuade her it's fine to slow down and let others do things for her. She's a very determined woman, but we do wish she'd slow down a bit. Anyway, I know my Nan wont get on here to read this, because her knowledge of computers doesn't extend to checking blogs and such, so she never reads my blog. But I wanted to wish her a very happy 83rd birthday.

So... Happy 83rd birthday, Nan!

7 comments:

Rita said...

Happy Birthday to your Nan! She probably won't slow down, so you can only pray she doesn't fall, right? I had a grandma like that--in a rush everywhere. ;)

AliceKay said...

Happy 83rd Birthday to your Nan. I wish her all the best.

Toriz said...

*Nods at Rita Yes, we can only hope she doesn't get hurt.

Deanna said...

Happy Birthday to your Nan. It is very hard to slow down and let others do for you. I guess we see it as a sign of weakness. Just be there for her when she needs you!

Toriz said...

Deanna:
That's true... And, I will do my best to be.

Intense Guy said...

Happy Birthday Tori's Nan!

Toriz said...

I'll pass on the birthday wishes to her.