Thursday, January 27, 2011

Bedknobs And Broomsticks

"During WWII in England, Charlie, Carrie, and Paul Rawlins are sent to live with Eglantine Price, an apprentice witch. Charlie blackmails Miss Price that if he is to keep her practices a secret, she must give him something, so she takes a bedknob from her late father's bed and places the "famous magic traveling spell" on it, and only Paul can activate it. Their first journey is to a street in London where they meet Emelius Browne, headmaster of Miss Price's witchcraft training correspondence school. Miss Price tells him of a plan to find the magic words for a spell known as Substitutiary Locomotion, which brings inanimate objects to life. This spell will be her work for the war effort."

(Above taken from here).

I hadn't seen this movie since I was young. From what I can remember I didn't think much of it when I was younger. I quite enjoyed it when I watched it this time though. So, I'm thinking it's pretty good, but more enjoyable to those of us who are kids at heart than to those who are actually kids?

6 comments:

Aunt of 14 said...

That was one of my favorite movies. I didn't understand it then, but I was so mesmerized by anything to do with magic, and the soldier uniforms moving of its own accord always got to me. I haven't seen it in years though, but I ought to now, that I am an adult and have a different perspective. Hmm.

Rita said...

I'm not sure I ever did see this one. Might have to add it to my long list on Netflix, eh? ;) I love Angela Langsbury!

Intense Guy said...

Sounds like a little magic a lot of people would love to have... some tele-transporting and some of that Substitutiary Locomotion for moving the traffic out of the way when you cant teleport.

:)

Toriz said...

Nikki:
Yes, I think you should watch it again now you're older.

Rita:
That list has to be pretty long! Good job you love watching movies! ;)


Iggy:
Yes, they would be very useful spells!

AliceKay said...

I remember watching this movie with my kids way back when. I loved it. I'm a big Angela Lansbury fan.

Toriz said...

AK:
Glad you loved it.