Friday, March 11, 2011

Furkid Friday: walkies, etc

Hi humans, it's Kero here.

Well, Gwydion had one of those birthday things, which I was really jealous about, so the humans gave me a treat too, and then I felt much better. There are some birthday photos for him, but I have a couple of my own photos to post, so he can post them himself next week.

I was meant to have an appointment with my groomer at the start of this week, but it got moved to this coming Monday. I planned to post the photos of me nicely groomed today - because there are always photos of me after my grooming sessions - but I guess I wont be doing that now. Don't worry though, there are still photos to post today. My humans and I have had lots of walkies, and Mami took the camera during our Tuesday morning walkies this week and took some photos. There were a couple of me among them, so I decided I would grab them to put in today's post. I don't know when she will post the other photos from the walkies, but here are mine, anyway:

First, just me walking down the path. I always get to be in front... It means I sometimes get hit with that stick thing Mami has, but it's worth it to be first to places that could be nice to sniff or pee on. Besides, I have to be in front to protect the humans.



And here I am having a good sniff about in the grass... Just checking to see who - or what - has been here recently. A dog needs to know these things, after all!



We've had loads of walkies! Mami and I have been taking a couple of walkies every day, and sometimes Dadi comes too! But the best walkies I've had this week happened yesterday... Mamgu came to fetch Mami and me, and then we went to Mamgu's house and picked up Willow. I wasn't sure where we were going, but Willow seemed excited about the route we were taking, so I figured it had to be somewhere fun. It was! We went walkies along the path we used to use before we lived here... The one that runs along beside the river by the really big park! I was really tired after it - because it's been a while since Mami and I have done a walkies that long - but it was worth it for all the outside time!

I think I heard Mami and Mamgu saying we were going to do that walkies again soon... I hope so... I was exhausted afterwards, but it was great!

Anyway, that's about it for this week. Like I said, Gwydion will be posting his birthday photos for you next week. Before I end this though, I want to thank my pal Iggy for helping Mami, Gwydion and I sort out our photos! Wag tails and doggy kisses to you for doing that for us again! You're a real pal!

Licks and sniffs,
Kero

5 comments:

Intense Guy said...

Wag tails and air kisses back at you, Kero! LOL! :)

Its good to hear from you - sounds like you are doing well - even if you aren't spiffy and groomed (I bet you don't mind that all that terribly much...)

It sounds like you and Willow had a blast! I hope you get to visit (and walk with) her again soon!

Toriz said...

Kero said...

Iggy:
No, I don't mind... It's the humans who like me to be clean. I love the attention I get afterwards (and the compliments) but I think dirty is the best look for me, personally!

Yes, we had a great time, and I hope we get to do it again soon too!

Licks and sniffs,
Kero

Rita said...

I'd HATE being groomed! I absolutely hate water. I don't care if my human tells my tigers swim. I don't believe it for a second. I don't let any other humans touch me at all and only let my human touch me where I want, when I want. No touching of my feet or my mouth at all and only belly touching if I am in a particular mood or I threaten to bite her hand--or foot, for that matter. And cutting your fur!?!! The whole thing sounds like absolute torture! No wonder you are happy when you get home. Just thinking about it makes me tired. I need a nap!

I am soooo glad I am not a dog.
Love, Karma

AliceKay said...

It sounds like you've had some fun times outside lately. I don't blame you for wanting to be the first one to sniff and whatever else you want to do. LOL

Thanks for the pics. (and thank you, Iggy, for sorting them) :)

Toriz said...

Kero said...

Karma:
I saw tigers swimming on TV the other day. They seemed to be having fun. Most other types of cats are like you and don't do water though... I don't blame them - and you - for that! I tolerate water, but to me the best kind of water is drinking water that's in my bowl. I don't mind that snow stuff, but other than that... I really would rather give it a miss! I like the attention after my grooming, but I hate the process... All that water, and those noisy hair cutting things... It's awful! Be glad you're a cat and don't have to deal with it!

AK:
I'm glad you enjoyed the photos!

Licks and sniffs,
Kero