Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Midweek mumbles

I was going to post some photos today - the ones I took last week while out with Kero - but I can't... Apparently Blogger doesn't want me to, since I've now tried three times to add them, and they don't want to add themselves to a post for me at all. *Sigh*

Anyway... The workmen are still here... So much for the work taking no more than four weeks!

I've finished getting the lessons for my Walking For Health, Freelance Writing For Magazines, and Aromatherapy In Pregnancy courses. I'll be done with the Aromatherapy (as in regular aromatherapy), Chinese Astrology: An Introduction, Yoga: An Introduction, and Zen Philosophy courses in the next couple of days, then I'll have Kelly help me with the word verification needed to sign up for the next batch of courses I want to grab from the site.

I must be doing something right with trying to lose some of this weight, since I'm now 2lbs lighter. I weighed on Monday, after weighing the Monday before. 2lbs is good, I think.

The weather's still mostly sunny and cold with the odd bit of rain from time to time.

I'm about half way through knitting the first of the two armchair throw things for my Mam to go with her sofa throw thing. Haven't gotten around to taking a photo of the sofa throw thing yet though. I'll get to it soon though... Honest!

And that's about it... Nothing else has really happened here. So, I'll let this do for today, get to your blogs either later or tomorrow, and I'll get those photos posted when I can. In the meantime... Enjoy whatever's left of your day, and have a good week!

12 comments:

Rita said...

That Blogger can be so frustrating sometimes!

I think I missed it and I keep meaning to ask you--what website are you getting all these free classes from?

I've heard and read that the healthiest way to lose weight and keep it off is to lose 1-2 pounds a week--so you are doing just perfect!! Twice as good if you were going for one pound a week, right? ;)

I hope your workmen are faster than ours. I've seen the white crane vehicle driving around the parking lot carrying equipment, but I don't think they've actually done anything to the roof. And they didn't move any of the mess they have out there? I have no idea where they were getting the stuff, but it almost looked like stuff from the back of somebody's truck that they were too lazy to carry--ROFL! Nothing important from the looks of it. ;)

You promised! We want pictures!

You have a good rest of the week, too. Give Kero and Mr. Weakers a scratch from me. :)

Toriz said...

Rita:
They're from www.emailcollege.co.uk. In my post the other day I linked directly to each course on the site.

*Nods* I heard that too... It's meant to be easier to keep it off if you lose small amounts, something to do with your body adjusting slowly, or something? Anyway... Yep, going for 1lb a week. If I do more, great, but as long as I'm averaging that, then that works for me. Hey, that means it doesn't matter if I don't lose any next week! ;)

Don't worry... You'll get your pictures!

Toriz said...

Rita:
Oh... And, I meant to say... Our workmen are definately doing something, so I guess that's a sgood start! It would be nice if when they say, "oh, we'll be done by the end of the week," it happened though. a couple of weeks ago they told us that by the end of the week (the week they were saying it) they'd be done and the scaffolding would be gone. I think it was about three weeks ago, or something like that. *Sigh*

Rita said...

I signed up for five of them: About Zen, Buddhism, being a vegetarian, writing memoir, and writing poetry. You said you could do them at your own pace, so I figured what the heck, also. :):)

And BTW--I can see and did 2 out of five of those pass codes wrong the first time!! They are really written weirdly and hard to read!

Toriz said...

Rita:
*Nods* Yeah, you get the lessons at the frequency it says, and nobody but you checks your work, so there are no deadlines, so why not indeed! :)

I think you'll enjoy the Zen one, especially since some of it you're already doing!

AliceKay said...

Blogger can be a pain adding pictures sometimes, but *knock on wood* I haven't had any problems lately. Will be waiting to see what you'd like to share with us.

I hope the workers over there hurry up and finish that job, but at the same time, I hope they do the work correctly.

I think you're on the right track. Losing weight is hard work, both mentally and physically, and 2 lbs is a great start. Good job!

Have fun with your courses.

Toriz said...

AK:
Thanks! :)

Yeah... I'd like the workers to hurry up, but I also agree that it's better for them to take a while and actually be getting the work done rather than rushing and having to keep coming back because it doesn't get done properly. Besides... At least I know they are doing some kind of work out there! Still... I really do hope they're done soon so they can go away!

Lynn said...

2 pounds is great, great job and good luck! Sorry your pictures wouldnt load hopefully you cant get them next time. I cant wait to see what you are knitting :o)

Deanna said...

Blogger has been giving me fits lately. Ugh. I feel for you!

Two lbs is awesome girl. You are going in the right direction. Keep on doing whatever you are doing. You are the best.

Looking forward to photos whenever blog world cooperates.
Deanna

Toriz said...

Thanks Lynn and Deanna! :)

Intense Guy said...

:)

I'm always happy when I hear you are doing well with some classwork - and you are doing well with the weight issue too!

*Hugs*

Go Tori!!!

Toriz said...

Thanks Iggy! :)