Thursday, June 10, 2010

Space Chimps

"Three NASA chimps are sent to a galaxy far, far away. Two have 'The Right Stuff,' and the other, a good natured goofball, has 'The Wrong Stuff.' They find themselves on a strange, uncharted planet, where they embark on a fantastical journey to save its inhabitants from a tyrannical leader."

(Above taken from here).

This was an "OK" movie. With it being about space stuff I thought it would be a lot better than it was. It was sort of funny in parts, and I was interested enough in it to want to know how it ended, but that's about the only really positive thing I can say about it. Yeah, it was "OK," but not one I'd be interested in seeing too often, since it seems to me to be one of those movies that once you know the outcome, you really don't need - or want - to watch again. Possibly just my opinion, but perhaps not. If you've seen it and have a different opinion, please feel free to post and let people know.

There's a second one out. Perhaps it will be better?

5 comments:

Intense Guy said...

Wow... you would think a movie with chimps and set in weightlessness of space would almost have to be good!

:)

I doubt the sequel is better... seems like they almost never are.

Toriz said...

Iggy:
Yeah, you would have thought it would turn out to be at least good, if not great. The idea behind it was great, but they just didn't do what they had the potential to do with it.

Mary:
Thanks for stopping by. :)

AliceKay said...

Have you ever seen "Project X"? I loved that movie.

"A young inductee into the military is given the task of looking after some chimpanzees used in the mysterious "Project X". Getting to know the chimps fairly well, he begins to suspect there is more to the secret project than he is being told."

Rita said...

Thanks for the review. I think I'l pass on that one. ;)

Toriz said...

AK:
I'm not sure. I know I've heard of it though. Will have to see if I can get to watch it.

Rita:
Yeah, probably for the best.