Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Almost noon on a Wednesday (kinda FD)

For anyone interested in seeing photos of the penguin ornaments Kelly made, you'll need to go to Kelly's blog and check out this post.

***

Thanks to Kelly's help with the word verification,I'm signed up for another batch of courses from E-Mail College. I grabbed a dozen this time - since it seemed like as good a number as any - and they are:

Fairy Tales
Fantasy & Sci Fi Worlds
Fantasy Genre - An Introduction
Fantasy Novel Writing
Fighting Writer's Block
Film Reviewing
Flash Fiction
Freewriting A Book
Getting Creative
Getting Your Non-Fiction Published
Ghost Writing
Gothic Fiction

I'm grabbing all the writing ones - as you probably noticed, especially if you've seen the older posts where I was signing up for courses before - since they're free, and I figure I'll grab them while I can. After all, just because I don't plan on writing a spacific genre now, doesn't mean I never will, right?

Anyway, I got the first lessons today.

***

I'm trying to work out a sort of routine that will allow me to fit a bit of everything that I want to fit in time for in to each day. Of course, this would work better if I'd sleep to a set routine, but there you go.

Anyway, I've long since given up on setting times for things, so I've decided to go with setting aside certain length chunks of time rather than saying I'll be doing something at a certain time, if you know what I mean. Obviously if I've done everything and I have a bit of extra time to spend on one of the things then I can spend some more time on that, but the idea is to get in some time to work on everything (craft projects, courses, writing projects, blogs, etc) and get other things done (housework, any appointments, preporation of and cooking of food, etc), then obviously spend any extra time doing whatever needs my attention most (if I've ended up behind on blogs and need some time to catch up properly, spending a bit of extra time working on craft projects, etc). My plan is that I don't end up too behind on blogs, get all the projects I want to get done finished, and actually get to writing down and trying to make something out of the ideas floating about in my head.

Obviously I've also set aside some time for a bit of Yoga, a daily meditation session, and walks with Kero (which he'd never forgive me if I didn't make sure to get in each day; especially since he now knows I can do them).

***

I only have about three CDs left to listen to of the final Harry Potter book, then I'll be reading and listening to a couple of new books I have, and after that I plan to re-read a couple more of my favourite books. I didn't, for example, listen to the first 5 books of the Earth's Children Series by Jean M Auel when I got the 6th book for my birthday and listened to it, and I think it would be nice to listen to them all one after another. Besides, I love the series!

Plus, it gives me something entertaining to listen to while I work on my craft projects.

***

I re-watched a couple of movies on DVD yesterday too (while working on making a couple of cards). One was "Lilo And Stitch 2: Stitch Has A Glitch" and the other was "How To Train Your Dragon"... Both really good movies. Well, I think they are, anyway!

***

This will do for today... I need some lunch!

Stay safe and warm!

8 comments:

Queenie Jeannie said...

Well hun, if you ever master the concept of getting everything done with some sense of balance, be sure to let me know your secrets!!! I'm no where close myself, lol!

Good luck to you and enjoy your books! I really liked How To Train Your Dragon too!!!

Rita said...

Wow! That's a lot of classes! But they're free. I still have my other ones stacked up and waiting for me. Who knows when I'll have the time to get to them--LOL! But they're there for me.

I have been trying to get into a better routine, too. Can't seem to figure one out. I keep spending way too much time online--hehe! Which for now has been okay, I guess. But my finger is healed up pretty much so I could start on some craft projects where my hands would be wet a lot...like the birthday cards I've been trying to finish for half a year--ROFL! I am taking that art class, though, and should do my homework...and I am sooooo tired from not getting enough sleep yet. I don't care when it is. Things should straighten out pretty soon here. I hope.

Well, no matter what--have fun! I hope you figure out a routine or schedule that is balanced with all the various things you want to do. :):)

Magaly Guerrero said...

Have a blast with the writing courses! I'm taking an ebook publishing class this coming semester, and I'm super excited!

Intense Guy said...

Goodness... another one of those Tori is so busy it makes you tired just reading about it posts!!

Smiles - Do well with your courses!

p.s., Kelly's penguin looks super cute!

AliceKay said...

Enjoy your courses. Looks like a lot of work to me, but then I'm not a writer. ;)

That's one thing about having a job...it forces you to keep some kind of schedule. If I didn't work, I probably wouldn't get very much done. I probably wouldn't be as stressed either. LOL

I liked "How To Train Your Dragon" as well. :)

Cute penguin. :)

Toriz said...

Jeannie:
LOL! Will do! ;)

Rita:
I still have all my old ones stacked up waiting too, LOL! Right now my "coursework time" is being used to copy the lessons in to text documents and fix the spacing issues that occur when you do this. When I finally have all the classes I want from there, maybe I'll actually get around to doing the lessons? You never know! LOL! In the meantime... They're free, so I'll collect them while I can. ;)

Yeah, spending too much time online was a problem for me too; OK, is still a problem, LOL! That's why I'm "trying" to limit my online time. Thing is, I'd spend too much time online and get behind on other things, then end up getting way behind on online things while trying to catch up on the things I'd neglected to spend all that time online. I'm hoping to stop that cycle. Will let you know if I have any luck, LOL!

Mags:
Sounds awesome; have fun, and good luck! :)

Iggy:
Yep, LOL!

Thanks, and I'm glad you like the penguin! :)

AK:
Thanks; yeah, it is a lot of work initially, but most of the writing exercises at least start you working on proper writing projects, which - for me - is fun. :)

LOL @ probably wouldn't be as stressed either!

Actually, my brother and I were talking about that not long ago; the fact having a job helps with keeping some kind of schedule/routine, I mean.

LadyStyx said...

I loved How to Train Your Dragon! Might just have to pop it in the player again sometimes. Maybe once I finish my Tolkien fix.

I'm in the same boat here. Some days it takes more time to get certain things done. I'm doing better though. I've made time to read daily, get caught up (albeit not always commenting) on the blogs and work on a craft.

I've peeked at the college site and found quite a few I want to work on. Now to crave a bit more time into the day. Maybe it's time to start using the timer on the stove, then I'll be a bit more aware of how long I've been working on something....

Toriz said...

Styxie:
Awesome; and, yeah, I think the timer is a good plan. I'm thinking I should get a timer... Might help with time management. :)