Sunday, January 29, 2012

Who are "they"?

It's a sunny - but VERY cold - Sunday, and I think I lost my creative muse while out on my walk with Kero; before and during the walk I had all sorts of ideas floating about in my head, but when I got home and sat down in front of the laptop... Nothing! I'm guessing my muse was enjoying it at the park too much to want to leave yet?

They say when you have no ideas you should just write anyway. So, here I am, writing whatever pops in to my head in the hope of luring back those ideas that were fighting to get out of my head earlier. You never know, I may even come up with something that's worth the time you're taking to read it. Stranger things have happened!

Who are "they" anyway? I mean, everyone always says "they say" but does anyone actually know who "they" are? And why do "they" get to decide what's right or wrong? I for one don't remember putting them in charge. In fact, I know I wouldn't have; why would I put a mysterious person or group of persons in charge without even knowing who "they" are? It's all a bit suspicious if you ask me!

OK, I'm going to go and check on any posts people have left since yesterday; maybe by the time I'm done doing the rounds on the blogs my muse will have returned? *Shrugs*

10 comments:

Lynn said...

I sure hope your muse returned. I know exactly how that feels, I have so many craft ideas in my head and then nothing ever gets done much. Happy Sunday to you!

Intense Guy said...

LOL!

"They" really get around too. Always seem to be in everyone's business.

You need to a little "dictation thingy" to jot down your thoughts! Or at least that's what "they" say....

Rita said...

So funny! The park seems like a great place you lose your thoughts.
Yes, who are the notorious "they", anyways. Bossy dang bunch, if you ask me. ;)

AliceKay said...

I've always wondered who "they" really were. Some mystical beings watching over all of us?

Did your muse return?

Serena Lewis said...

Hi Tori,

So sorry I haven't been by in a while. Life got busy and I've had a few off days too.

My muse has taken a hike somewhere I think. Mind you, I get lots of ideas and my head is filled with creative plans but it's the doing part I'm having a problem with.

The mysterious 'they' often effect how we look at things but, you're right, why should we listen. It's our life after all.

Have a wonderful week!

Love,
Serena xo

Queenie Jeannie said...

I hate it when I forget good ideas!!! So I started writing them down...only to forget where I left that scrap of paper, lol! I hope your Muse continues to whisper to you!

Toriz said...

Lynn:
Well, good luck with getting things done; hope you have a good week!

Iggy:
*Nods* "They" sure do!

Yeah, I keep meaning to get a new one of those. I used to have one, but I lent it to someone and never saw it again. I brought a little keyring you can record messages on to, but they can only be very short, and it only holds one at a time, so to record more you either have to repeat the lot and hope it doesn't run out of room or just record over what's on there. There is a better one that the RNIB does, but - of course - it's expensive. I'll have to get a new dictaphone; those things are cheaper, at least.

Rita:
True; at least I lost them in a nice place. And, hey, I'm going back there later, so maybe they'll still be there? *Looks hopeful*

*Nods* I agree; "they" are very bossy!

AK:
Maybe!

*Shaking head* Nope! Maybe my muse will be waiting for me when I go back to the park later?

Serena:
No problem; good to see you back! :)

Yeah, the "doing" part is rather tricky!

Agreed; it's our life!

You have a wonderful week too. :)

Jeannie:
LOL! I used to do fine when I could just grab a pen and paper and write things down; used to carry a notebook everywhere and stop to scribble things down whenever they came in to my head (or if I wasn't in a position to do so, as soon as I could afterwards). The notebooks served as combination diary/journal and idea book though, so when I destroyed my diaries to stop others reading what I didn't want read by anyone but myself, all the ideas that hadn't yet been used were gone. I would have liked to keep them, but the only way to have people help me record them in an accessable format would have meant allowing people to read the books, and there were things on some pages that I didn't want read (the reason for my determination to shred them all when I lost my remaining sight and was no longer able to read them). I'll have to get a new dictaphone, I think; lent mine to someone and never saw it again.

Deanna said...

Ha! My muse has taken a vacation too. And I often wonder who "they" are too.

Toriz said...

Deanna:
Glad it's not just me! ;)

LadyStyx said...

I was going to recommend a tape recorder, but it looks like iggy beat me to it. My second suggestion would be a tranq gun to stun that free roaming creative moose and drag that bugger back home!