In a post she did yesterday, Magaly tagged me. I'm supposed to post 11 random things about me, answer certain questions Magaly set for me in her post, then tag 11 people and set 11 questions for those people to answer. And since I'm usually game for these things, I agreed to play along. So, let's see...
11 random things about me (I've tried to find things most people who read my blog wont know, though some of my long-time readers will probably know at least some of these):
1. I alternate between wanting to live in a gypsy caravan moving about all the time, wanting to own a smallholding with goats and chickens and things, and wanting to live in a huge place (like a castle) where I can have rooms for different things (a library, a craft room, etc) and space to spare. Which I'd prefer depends on my mood, though the caravan thing is my prefered option most of the time.
2. I absolutely love banana milkshake, banana smoothies and banana flavoured yogurts, but I'm not a big fan of bananas in general. I used to be, but after I spent two years having to have one a day on doctors orders because of pills I was on having a side-effect that lowered my patassium level I went off them a bit.
3. The thing I miss most since losing my sight is reading "proper" books, and writing on "proper" paper with a pen.
4. My childhood monster still scares me.
5. I stopped drinking "proper" tea for a while so as to wean myself off it a bit since the caffine in the large quantity of tea I was drinking may have been contributing to my anemia, but now I can't stand the taste of it, as a result the only types of tea I will drink are herbal or fruit teas.
6. I detest coffee after accidentally taking a sip of my Dad's, which he drinks cold. It was my first experience with coffee, and my last!
7. I wish I could have met and been friends with Luna Lovegood from the Harry Potter books. I even worked out the dates; I'd have been 2 years behind her in school if I'd been able to go to Hogwarts.
8. I wish I could have a pet owl to deliver my post. I'd call it shadow, because owls move as silently as shadows unless they want to be heard. Or maybe I'd call it Hedwig, in honor of Harry Potter's owl. Either way, I'd like to have my post delivered by owl each day; it would be so cool!
9. I have 2 tattoos; 1 on each of my upper arms. On my right arm is a Welsh dragon, which my brother and I had identical versions done of before I went to Canada when I was 18 and he was 19. On the left arm is a heart with a bone across it that has "Kero" written on it and a few little blue flowers near each end of the bone; I had that one made especially for Kero when he was a little over a year old and I was forced to rehome him (thankfully only temporarily).
10. I was given my very first pet when I was a tiny baby. It was a black cat, and her name was "Third Time Lucky" or "Lucky" for short (my Mam named her, obviously, since I was - as I already said - a baby).
11. I've been writing since I knew how, and won my first competition at the age of 7 (still have the medal I won).
And the questions set for me (plus my answers, of course):
Q: What is your favourite kind of foreign food?
A: Chinese Sweet And Sour Sauce.
Q: What is your favourite movie of all time?
A: Practical Magic.
Q: What weird items would I find if I went through your wardrobe?
A: None; my weird stuff isn't hidden away. ;)
Q: Which God or Goddess annoys you the most?
A: None of them do since I don't give them much thought; I don't feel the need to worry about them, so they don't get a chance to annoy me.
Q: Where is your favourite place?
A: I don't have one, though I suppose home, because it's safe and where all my stuff is.
Q: What is your favourite scent for essential oil?
A: My all time favourite scent for anything is lavender!
Q: What foreign country would you love to visit?
A: America, because I have several friends there who I would like to meet.
Q: Number one song on your ipod/CD player/whatever you use to listen to music?
A: I assume by this you mean favourite? In which case I'll have to pick "Ottawan - Hands Up"... It's been my favourite since I was small.
Q: What is your favourite smell?
A: Lavender, closely followed by the smell of freshly baked bread.
Q: What is your favourite computer game?
A: BG Scrabble; a version of scrabble, which I have on my laptop and play a LOT!
Q: What ingredient do you most love to cook with?
A: if you mean herbs, mint for savoury items, cinnamon for sweet items. Otherwise my answer is potatoes; I love to eat them done just about any way - especially made in to chips and fried, or baked - and there are so many ways to cook them!
Q: Which time period do you feel a calling to? Do you think you could have a past life there?
A: I can't say there's one particular time period, although I do often find myself wishing I could have been around before all the technology came in to being; back in the days of candles for light, fires for cooking, and cosy nights wrapped up in blankets in front of said fire. As for a past life; I think I've had a couple, but since I haven't really tried any past life regretion techniques - and even they aren't guaranteed to be fool-proof anyway - I couldn't possibly know for sure.
Magaly had us answer some of the questions others had put to her, but please don't make me mess about with adding links to everyone who the different questions came from. They are questions 3 and 9 set by each of the people who tagged Magaly, so if you want to know who they came from, check out the people who tagged Magaly, which you can do by checking out the post I linked to on her blog at the start of this post.
Now for the people I'm tagging. Sorry if you're one of those people not keen on being tagged, but the rules say I have to tag 11 people; it's up to you if you play along though... I hope some people do at least, but I wont force you. So, I'm tagging:
6. Alpha Betsy.
10. Call Me Cate.
11. Stephanie At The Co-Exist Cafe.
And these are the questions you need to answer if you're playing along:
1. What was your first pet? And what was its name?
2. What's your earliest memory?
3. If you could live anywhere in the world, in any type of home, where would you live? And what kind of home would you live in?
4. If you had to pick just one meal to have every day for the rest of your life, what would it be? And why?
5. What would your ideal job be?
6. Do you love to read? If so, what are your favourite types of books?
7. Are you a fan of watching movies? If so, what are your favourite types of movies?
8. It's a cold, dark night in the middle of Winter; the snow is falling thick and fast outside the window... What are you doing?
9. It's a beautiful, hot day in the middle of Summer; there's not a cloud in the sky, and bearly a breeze... What are you doing?
10. If you could meet any fictional character, who would it be? And why?
11. If you could have a conversation with any person - alive or dead; just as long as they really exist (or have really existed in the past) - right now, who would it be? Why them? And what would you discuss?
Like I said, none of you who I tagged are obligated to play, though I'm hoping at least a couple of people do since I'd like to read your answers to the questions. I know some of you don't usually do these tag things though (a couple of people got tagged because I needed 11 people who were still around on the blogs who there was at least a slight chance of wanting to join in).