Thursday, January 12, 2012

Project list as it stands at the start of 2012

OK, I said yesterday I'd post my list of projects I'd like to get done this year, so...

* Make a handmade gift for each family member (and a select couple of friends) for Christmas.
* Make a matching hat, scarf and mittens set for myself in blue and gold.
* Make a cardigan/jacket for myself.
* Stitch a few items of clothing for myself.
* Knit a couple of blankets/throws for us.
* Make a clay Dalek.
* Make birthday and holiday cards for everyone I send to.
* Have a go at candle making.

Of course, things may be added throughout the year (in fact, I'd be surprised if they weren't). But those are the things I would like to get done at the moment.

6 comments:

AliceKay said...

That's quite a list. Handmade gifts are some of the best. Have fun while you work. :)

Rita said...

Oh, you are going to be having fun this year! All those handmade things--whoohoo! Working with your hands just feels so good for the soul, doesn't it? Great list. :)

ChicagoLady said...

I can't wait to see the clay Dalek! That should be fun to make. Good luck with all your items on the list.

Toriz said...

AK:
Yes; handmade gifts are the best!

Rita:
*Nods* Yes, it feels good working with your hands; perhaps an old memory humans have in the very back of our minds from when we would be busy with our hands most of the time in the old days? Just a thought. Also, I like to have something to do with my hands while I watch movies or listen to audiobooks; I've found since I lost the last of my sight that I need something to do with my hands when I'm sitting still (that's why I have a thumbstone for meditating).

Chicago:
I was challenged to make it a year or so ago, and I'm determined that at some point I'll have a go. My clay Dalek probably wont be as cool looking as the one sat up with my ornaments, but I'm going to try anyway!

Intense Guy said...

I bet your Dalek will be neat! Maybe if Doctor Who number four is around he'd like a peek at it?

Your scarfs and blankets always look really nice! A jacket sounds a little more complicated to me.

Toriz said...

Iggy:
Well, if I get it done and he's visiting the area again later this year then maybe I'll take it and show him?

Yes, a jacket will be more complicated, and it will probably take me longer to do than most things have so far. I'd like to try though.