Thursday, January 26, 2012

Potential new groomer for Kero

I found a groomer who comes to the house to groom the dog; she's coming to groom Kero on February 9th. She says she'll be with us some time between 11:45AM and noon.

The woman does also offer pet sitting, but I think before I trust her to take Kero away for a sort of "doggy daycare" type of session I want to meet her a couple of times. After the last time I'm not as eager to leave my baby boy with someone I bearly know. That's why I like the fact she comes to the house to groom him; I get to meet her and see her with him properly.

There are loads of other groomers around - many of whom offer pet sitting or doggy daycare to their customers, but I like the idea of being able to be around as he gets to know her. The thing is, the groomer he had in Wales he'd had since he was a puppy, and we knew what she was like from other dogs being taken there.

I'd like to have somewhere he can go so we can go out together without him. But I think I'd prefer to know that where he goes is with someone he feels comfortable with, and also someone who will treat him right, if you know what I mean.

Keep your fingers crossed this one works out!

15 comments:

Rita said...

This sounds like the perfect way to check her out and REALLY know what she is like with him! Might be the perfect solution!! My fingers are crossed. :)

Toriz said...

Rita:
I hope so, and thanks! :)

Autumn said...

It is SOOO important to find someone to trust with your dog. Someone who speaks kindly and handles him gently. I hope it works out.

AliceKay said...

My fingers are crossed here. Hope it works out for all of you. :)

Toriz said...

Thanks Autumn and AK!

Furry Bottoms said...

Of course, I would want to make sure things were rosy before doing anything that may hurt Kero in any way. You're a smart and loving Mama for taking this precaution!!

Lynn said...

I think it is great that she comes to the house to groom the dog and I sure hope she turns out to your liking and all goes well.

ChicagoLady said...

Good luck with the new groomer. I'm sure Kero will be looking spiffy once she's finished. If she were to watch Kero for you, would you take him to her place, or would she stay at your house while you're out? Sort of like a babysitter for a child?

Obviously you'd need to know and trust her before you'd leave her or anyone alone at your house while you're gone. But I do realize pets tend to be more comfortable in familiar surroundings, too.

LadyStyx said...

Definitely a great way for Kero to get to know his new groomer. Good luck!

Toriz said...

Thanks Nikki, Lynn and Styxie!

Chicago:
I think for doggy-sitting she does it in her own home; I didn't ask about that yet since I want to see how she is with him in general first though, so I'm not 100% sure.

Susan said...

yes they really are our babies, aren't they?
Hi Tori, come visit my 2nd blogoversary celebration and huge giveaway. please help spread the word also!
http://piecesoffatesusan.blogspot.com/

I hope you, Kelly and Kero are doing well! (BTW...how do you pronounce that?)
After this I hope to start being able to visit more of my bloggy friends more often.*hugs*
BB,
Susan

Deanna said...

What a perfect solution! I hope she works out with Kero. It is important that you find someone you are comfortable with!

Toriz said...

Thanks Deanna! :)

Susan:
Thanks; and I checked it out earlier... Sorry I took so long to do so. I did see it the other day, but I've had a busy ouple of days.

It's pronounced "Key-row" and is short for Keroberous, which is pronounced "key-row-bear-ooss"

Intense Guy said...

I'm crossing my fingers and paws that this works out - seems like an excellent idea!!

Kero is worth the "high standards".

Toriz said...

Iggy:
Thanks; I agree... He is!