Thursday, July 12, 2012

2 books by Stephanie Fletcher

SummerSummer by Stephanie Fletcher

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is an enjoyable story, which reads well and captures and holds your attention. It's a story you can easily pick up and read even if you don't have a long time to read in, since it's short enough; it didn't take me long to read anyway. Isn't that a sign of a good story? One that doesn't take long to read because you get so in to it? I think it is!

***
Where There is Light, There is UnderstandingWhere There is Light, There is Understanding by Stephanie Fletcher

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is a remarkable story, with an important lesson to teach. I highly recommend it.

***

Note: these reviews were based purely on my own opinion, and has nothing to do with the fact I personally know the author, or the fact she’s dating my Dad.

5 comments:

That corgi :) said...

I'll have to definitely check out that Where There is Light, there is understanding one; sounds like an interestng story line and one that I would enjoy reading. Neat you know who the author is; must be a very special lady indeed!

betty

laurie said...

you always give such great suggestions for great reads, I 'm so sorry you have vision loss, I know its a trail, have yuou always been blind, do you mind if I ask, can you see at all?I have vision in my left eye, central vision only, my peripheral vision is going very slowly, It took 5 years for my left eye to go blind, I hope you don't mind me asking, its just we have a bit in common.

Toriz said...

Betty:
Yes, I deinitely think you would enjoy that one!

Laurie:
I don't mind you asking at all. Anyone who's known me long enough knows the details anyway. Short version is I was born with Glaucoma, so I've always had poor eyesight. I had my left eye out when I was almost 16 because it didn't work any more and was only good for causing pain, then my right eye started to lose its sight until I finally couldn't see anything but light an dark (that was almost 5 years ago now) and almost exactly 4 years ago I had my right eye out because I couldn't see with it other than light and I was in so much pain. I hink that just about covers it. My e-mail is on the sidebar, so if you want to ask anything else, feel free to e-mail me.

Deanna said...

Authors everywhere! Sounds like another interesting one.

Toriz said...

Deanna:
Authors everywhere indeed, LOL!