Thursday, July 19, 2012

Christmas books... In July?

Don't judge me; they were free and short, and just begging to be read, and... Well... Why not?

Anyway...

A Computer CarolA Computer Carol by Mia Darien


My rating: 4 of 5 stars


This was an amusing and entertaining take on a traditional Christmas story.



***



A Christmas MiracleA Christmas Miracle by Willow Cross

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


This was a pretty good story, though perhaps the author could have taken a bit more time on character development.



***



The Christmas ChallengeThe Christmas Challenge by Linda Boltman

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


While it's a sweet concept, I felt this was more a flashback that belongs in a novel than an actual story in its own right. It's amusing, but where's the conflict? Where's the thing that needs to be over-come? Where's the evidence that what happened in the story changed things for the main character? It needs something more, I think.



***



lost christmaslost christmas by Marina Rojas

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


This was a pretty good little story; worth reading in my opinion!



***



Looking for ChristmasLooking for Christmas by Mary Young

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


What a sweet and heart warming story!

5 comments:

laurie said...

christmas in July seems so popular there days, the Greg Bell oldies show on Sirius radio has Christmas in July and alot of stores seem to be doing it too, I really appreciate the book reviews you do, I trust your opinion, and I like your taste, I would love to read Christmas stories,

That corgi :) said...

They do sound cute, Tori! I think its neat to read Christmas stories year round; keeps the spirit of Christmas going all the time!

betty

Toriz said...

Laurie:
Thanks; I try to be honest when I review things, and also try not to invlvespoilers, since I know I wouldn't want stories spoiled for me.

Betty:
Indeed it does! :)

AliceKay said...

Christmas in July....does that come with snow to cool things down? LOL Sounds like you've been enjoying your reading for the most part. :)

It's finally raining here today and it's much cooler. Everyone needed the break in the heat and dry weather, even if it means dealing with the rain.

Toriz said...

AK:
I'm afraid not.

Glad you got some much needed rain!