Friday, July 27, 2012

Tea With Parsley and me (FD)

Grab yourself a cuppa, and make yourself comfortable.


No, not because this will be a long post, but because my friend Parsley over at Seasons Of My Mind has invited us all to spend the weekend sharing our favourite recipes over a cup of tea (or coffee, or something else even, I suppose, if you don't drink tea).

It didn't take me long to figure out which recipes I wanted to share.

Oh, yes, I did say recipes... Plural! You see, I've decided to share more than one recipe with you today. The reason being that I think both go well together.

So, make yourself comfortable with your prefered drink, be it tea, coffee, or whatever, and enjoy!

This is my very favourite dessert in the whole wide world... Rhubarb crumble! If I could only ever have one type of dessert I'd pick rhubarb crumble! For one thing it goes well on its own, or with custard, or with ice-cream, or with cream. For another thing, it just tastes so good! Anyway, here's the recipe:

Rhubarb Crumble

Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter
4 cups diced rhubarb
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup flour

Method:
1. Wash the rhubarb.
2. Cook the rhubarb on a medium heat until tender.
3. Mix together the butter, sugar and flour.
4. Crumble the mixture on top of the rhubarb in a baking dish.
5. Bake in 350F oven until warm and golden brown.
6. Serve warm on its own, with ice-cream, with cream, or with custard.

And here's something that will go very well with it...

Banana-Yoghurt Ice-Cream

Ingredients:
3 bananas
450 g low-fat natural yogurt

Method:
1. Peel and slice the bananas and put them in a large mixing bowl.
2. Mash well with a fork until the lumps have gone.
3. Gradually add the yogurt and beat well with a wooden spoon until you have a smooth, runny mixture.
4. Tip the mixture into a plastic freezeproof container.
5. Cover with a lid and freeze for about half an hour until half frozen.
6. Tip the half frozen mixture back into the mixing bowl and whisk with a balloon whisk for about 2 minutes.
7. Return the mixture to the container.
8. Re-freeze until half frozen again and whisk for a couple more minutes.
9. Tip the mixture back into the container and freeze for at least an hour.
10. Remove from the freezer half an hour before serving.

Now, hop on over to Parsley's blog and see what other yummy recipes people are sharing this weekend!

11 comments:

Parsley said...

So glad you joined. I've never tried rhubarb! Going to print your recipes as I lift my cuppa tea to you. Cheers!

Oh be sure to comment on my post so others can see your recipe :)

Deanna said...

When you first blogged about the annual tea party at "A Fanciful Twist" I checked it and drooled over the pictures. Since then I've gone back several times, trying to decide whether or not to join the party. Unfortunately I'll have to pass this year. We will be in the city this weekend (if all works out as planned) and I knew I wouldn't be able to do it justice. I do have a tea-inspired post for tomorrow, though. As you might guess from my blog name, Tea With Dee, I'm rather fond of the stuff. ;) Enjoy your party!

Deanna said...

I LOVE rhubarb and used to grow it. I can't remember the last time I saw rhubarb in the stores, but if I can find some, I'm going to try this recipe. Thanks for the share!

Toriz said...

Parsley:
No problem... And I'll pop over and comment on your blog in a bit. :)

Deanna:
This isn't the Fanciful Twist Tea Party... That's tomorrow. This one is a last minute one Parsley invited us to a few days ago. But, yes, I did notice the fondness you have for tea. ;)

Deanna:
You definitely should try it; it's very tasty!

Deanna said...

Ah, when you mentioned the weekend I figured it was the same thing and you were getting a head start. Well, one can never have too many tea parties, right?

Toriz said...

Deanna:
Quite so! :)

That corgi :) said...

that was a cute idea Parsley had for the tea party! I love your recipe for the rhubarb crumble; I have to say I've never had rhubarb, but this makes me want to try it!

betty

Serena Lewis said...

Your blog looks lovely....I don't recall it being this fancy last time I visited which was a while ago, sorry. I haven't had rhubarb since I lived at home with my parents so many years ago. Mum used to stew rhubarb and we'd have it with hot custard. It was delicious! Your rhubarb crumble sounds YUMMY!! Thanks for the recipe!

Have a lovely weekend ~ xo

Toriz said...

Betty:
You should definitely try it! And, yes, it was a great party idea!

Serina:
Rhubarb and custard is very tasty! I hope you enjoy the crumble if you try it!

Yeah, my blog got a bit of a makeover not too long ago; glad you like it!

AliceKay said...

I'm not a big fan of rhubarb, but these two recipes sound like they would be pretty good when eaten together.

Toriz said...

*Nods at AK*