Monday, July 23, 2012

St Leonards Festival 2012

The annual festival was supposed to have been held on Saturday July 14th this year, but with the Olympic torch passing through here on its way to Hastings town center on Tuesday July 17th, it was rescheduled at the last minute to become part of the torch celebrations. That worked out pretty well actually, since the day it was originally planned for was wet, and the day it ended up being held was sunny and dry!

Anyway, we popped in for a while to check it out. We didn’t want to stay long because we couldn’t take Willow (she gets over excited in crowds and jumps up at everyone and everything) and didn’t want her left home alone for too long. We had to go and take a little peek though. Personally I think we left too quickly, since I didn’t feel I had time to do more than acknowledge the fact it was a very multi-cultural event, but there you go. With Willow going back to my Mam and Kero able to go to things like these, we’re hoping next year we can actually stay long enough to get to enjoy some of the things going on.

In the meantime, here are a bunch of photos Kelly snapped for me to post on here for you all to see...







Also, I adopted a tiger, so here’s a photo of me at home with the toy version I got for adopting it:



(Under it is the pile of paperwork that we also got for adopting the tiger).
Adopting the tiger costs me £5 a month, and I get regular tigery updates apparently. I figured it was the closest I’d get to having a pet tiger or pet lion (since nobody will let me have a real lion or tiger as a pet). Plus I get to feel good because I’m doing something to help take care of tigers in need.

11 comments:

Deanna said...

Fun pictures. I especially enjoyed the pirate flag. And how cool to adopt a tiger! I want a giraffe but David told me no. ;) Perhaps I should look into adopting one. My son-in-law adopted a penguin (I think that was the animal) for my daughter one year for her birthday.

That corgi :) said...

That does look like a great festival to check out, Tori! It is good too that Kero is so well behaved to accompany you to things like this! How cute for you to adopt a tiger; I've seen similar advertisements here on the news; a worthy cause indeed!

betty

Toriz said...

Deanna:
I thought you'd like the flag. Wait until you see the post I have planned for this coming Sunday... I think you're going to love it!

And, yes, you should totally adopt a giraffe!

Betty:
Glad you enjoyed the photos. Yes, it's great that Kero behaves so well, especially since with his anxiety issues he can't be left home by himself.

Deanna said...

That festival looks like a lot of fun. It is a shame you ween't able to stay longer. Adopting a tiger is a cool idea. That paperwork is not so cool, though. Ugh.

Toriz said...

Deanna:
Yeah, it seemed like a fun festival. Next year hopefully we can get to experience more of it.

Yeah, it's a lot pof paperwork...

laurie said...

great photos!!! What a wonderful thing to do, I had no idea one could adopt animals like this, what a wonderful idea! I'm kinda glad they didn't let you have the real thing, ha ha ha, I haven't known you very long but I have the feeling you would take one if they let you!!!!!Have the best day!!!

Toriz said...

Laurie:
Ah, you know me well already! LOL!

AliceKay said...

Looks like a great festival. The Double Decker Cafe is pretty cool, too. :) Hopefully, you'll be able to stay at the festival a while longer next year. Looks like fun.

How exciting to be able to adopt a tiger and help take care of it while not actually having it there in your home. (they're probably messy anyway and wouldn't make a very good house pet)

Have a great Tuesday!

Toriz said...

AK:
Yeah, it did seem like a fun festival. Kero likes outings, so hopefully that will make it easier for us to stay longe next time.

That's probably true about the tigers. I'd still like a pet lion or tiger though...

Intense Guy said...

If you had to decide - which is it? Lion or Tiger?

Smiles. Not that I have an extra one of either in my pockets.

Toriz said...

Iggy:
What? I have to choose, and you don't even have one of whatever I choose? I don't know what the world is coming to these days! LOL!

I pick lion anyway. I love all cats - big and small, wild and domesticated - but if I had to pick a favourite then it would be a lion. They didn't seem to have an "adopt a lion" option though. Mind you, I think the lions have the "Born Free" foundation or something, so that's probably why...