Wednesday, July 11, 2012

The Accidental Vampire

The Accidental Vampire (Argeneau, #7)The Accidental Vampire by Lynsay Sands


My rating: 4 of 5 stars




Kelly picked up a print copy of this book, and mentioned bits he found amusing or interesting to me on and off. The result was my interest was peaked, so he found me an audio copy and brought that too. I found it to be a thoroughly enjoyable read, and I’m glad I followed Kelly’s example in reading it. It is a bit more detailed in places than some might like though, so if you decide to give it a read, just bear that in mind.



Now, perhaps I should read the 6 books before it in the series? LOL! (We didn’t realize until afterwards that it was book 7 in a series which – from what we’ve found out – has about 17 books in it).




6 comments:

laurie said...

17, wow, now that's a commitment, when I read a book that has sequels I always get so mad when I find out later, I like to read them ALL, sounds intriguing thankyou for your visit today,

Mina said...

I love Lynsay Sands. The first book in this particular series called, "A Quick Bit," had me laughing out loud. And yes, she is um...detailed. ;-)

AliceKay said...

According to one of the reviews I just read for the book...

"This is also not a series that you need to read in order, which is great. It's nice to just pick up a book and not need a huge ammount of back story to know what's going on."

Sounds like you have a lot of reading/listening to do. :)

That corgi :) said...

Oh my, that is a lot of books in a series! It could get quite complicated keeping up with it all! But glad you enjoyed this one!

betty

Sarita Rucker said...

Not realizing until the end that it's book 7 in a series? Ooops. :)

I might read this later. I sometimes like detailed romances.

Toriz said...

Laurie:
I like to read a whole series too. Still, with all those books it means it will be a bit before I need to choose a new series to read from, LOL!

There’s no need to thank me for visiting, but you’re welcome; thanks for returning the visit! 

Mina:
Kelly picked that one up the other day (I think he now has 1, 7 and 9) and was laughing out loud too. I plan to grab a copy soon... Always takes longer for me because audiobooks cost so much more than print books.

AK:
Well, that’s OK then! ;)

Betty:
Maybe she’s trying to do as many as Terry Pratchett? His Discworld series has 39 books in it, with a 40th due out later this year if I’m not mistaken.

Sarita:
Oops indeed, LOL! But now I have an excuse to buy books; I have to have the books before it in the series, right? *Winks* OK, I don’t need an excuse to buy books, but I still have an excuse should I choose to use it. *Grins*