Sunday, July 08, 2012

The Game Challenge #5

This time the challenge at The Game is Patty Cake.

“Make sure to have a cake, some cake, images of cake on your creation you make or make a cake.”

I decided to go with the option of making a cake, and combined the little I did to celebrate the Summer Solstice this year with my entry for this challenge. Here it is:


It’s a 2 layer ginger cake (use any cake mix you want, then add a couple of heaped teaspoons full of ground ginger; to taste). Between each layer is some homemade strawberry jam (the recipe linked to is technically for raspberry jam, but I used strawberries, and it doesn't matter what fruit you use for the jam recipe; I've done it with plums before even).  On top is some butter icing. I had then planned to decorate it with icing flowers and leaves, but the icing mix for that didn’t work out. I then tried stars, but again it didn’t work out (I kept making it too runny so it didn’t set). I called it quits after that and decided to just decorate it with Cadburys milk chocolate buttons instead.

Why not see what you can make with a cake in your design? Or, maybe you could make a cake like I did? Check out the work of the rest of the design team for inspiration, and – if you decide to join in – don’t forget to enter your piece at The Game!

10 comments:

That corgi :) said...

that looks like a delicious cake, Tori; and I agree with you; it does seem like any flavor of fruit would still come out tasting great!!

betty

Parsley said...

Makes me hungry!

Mina said...

Your cake looks and sounds delicious sweetie! Have a beautiful week.

AliceKay said...

Your cake sounds pretty good to me. :p

Intense Guy said...

Mmmmmmm cake...... :)

Rita said...

Looks delicious! And chocolate is always a plus. ;)

Susan said...

This is sooo tempting...I make a "spice" cake with peanut butter-butter scotch candy frosting...it is awesome, the frosting starts out warm and melty and then hardens onto the cake like a candy coating. It is one of my fam's favs!

Did Kelly like it?

How are you feeling, any better?

Hugs,
Susan

Toriz said...

Thanks all; I can safely say it tastes as good as you think it does! Or, rather it did... It's long since been eaten! ;)

Susan:
Sounds nice!

Nope, not really any better. :(

Sarita Rucker said...

Sounds yummy! I may have to try cooking with ginger...

Toriz said...

Sarita:
You haven't cooked with ginger? You really should; it's good for savory and sweet recipes!