Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Trolls, sheep and nightmares

Bed TrollsBed Trolls by Anthony Blackshaw


My rating: 3 of 5 stars


This was an imaginative book, but I was disappointed with it. If it was meant as a "how to" it felt more like it was trying to be a story, and if it was meant as a story, it felt more like just the introduction to one. If it was meant as a "how to" it should have had "dos and don'ts of troll catching" or something, and if it was meant as a story it should have had a "this is what happened to so-and-so when they didn't listen to that advice" type of tale following what's already written.

***

Daisy The SheepDaisy The Sheep by Kristina Howells

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


This was a cute book, but the author kept switching from past to present tense, making it confusing as to whether it was a "this is happening now" type of story, or a "this happened once" type of story. That's why it lost the 5th star; if it hadn't been for the confusion of tense, it would have been a fantastic little story!

***

No More NightmaresNo More Nightmares by Clark Merchant

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


This was an imaginative and enjoyable little story; cute!

3 comments:

AliceKay said...

Sounds like a mixed bag of books.

Books and movies are a lot alike...you won't know how well you'll like them until you actually read them or watch them. I'm glad you're find some you really enjoy. :)

AliceKay said...

That should read *finding*. My brain is more tired than I thought. Or else my fingers just aren't typing what my brain is thinking. LOL

Hope you're having a good day either way. *hugs*

Toriz said...

AK:
I agree; you don't know until youwatch/read/try something if you'll like it or not. That's why I make it a point to watch/read anything and decide from that. It means I read some rubbish sometimes, and watch even more rubbish, but it also means I read and watch some pretty good things sometimes too!

I knew what you meant, LOL!