Saturday, July 21, 2012

Saturday scribbles 21/7/12 (FD)

After a couple of months of basically doing nothing, I've now started doing more (since the dizzyness at least seems to have stopped for now).  So now I ache because I'm doing physical activity my body is no longer used to.  Good thing is though, at least I'm doing it after good sleeps; I'm currently sleeping well, and at night too! I have no idea how long the sleeping well at night thing will last, but I'm enjoying it while it does!

With the "improvements" (and I use the term loosely) that Blogger has made recently, I still can't figure out how Jaws wants me to click on the button to add pictures; though at least now I have my new Jaws it's allowing me to know the button is there.  Anyway, I haven't had a chance to get Kelly to help me add pictures to posts, which is why you're just getting whatever pops in to my head today.  I would give you more reviews, since I do have a few other book reviews to post, but I haven't had a chance to sort them yet, and can't be bothered to go to Goodreads to grab the links I usually use in the reviews right now.  So I guess you're waiting for those too.

It's a nice day here, so I have the window open, and Kero's happily sticking his head out of it at regular intervals.  Whatever makes him happy, LOL!

We had take-away on Tuesday, and I thought I'd be good and have a salad.  I wont be having that salad again.  I knew there'd be olives in it, but figured there'd only be a few pieces so I'd pull them out.  Yeah, I figured wrong! There were more olives than anything else... I hate olives! There was meant to be cheese, but there was like maybe half a dozen tiny shavings of cheese, and I swear there were more olives than tomatoes, lettuce and peppers together! Why is it that people assume all vegetarians love olives? People seem obsessed with the idea vegetarians like hot and spicy things too; plenty of places consider chilli to be a good choice to offer as their only vegetarian option.  News flash... This vegetarian doesn't like olives, and certainly doesn't like having her tongue burned off by chilli!

OK, this will do for today.  Stay warm or cool; whatever the case may be!

9 comments:

Deanna said...

I'm glad to hear the dizziness has improved. And I know what you mean about vegetarian assumptions. In my case, it's mushrooms which are my nemesis. I'm deathly allergic to them and yet they seem to be a mainstay in vegetarian offerings.

laurie said...

glad to hear you're sleeping well, nothing makes the day brighter than a good sleep, I like green olives and black olives, I was a vegetarian for years and years but just recently added chicken and eggs back, I was found to be lacking in B vitamins, I feel so much better now, I hope you sleep well tonight,

That corgi :) said...

always good to hear someone is sleeping well Tori since I struggle with sleep myself. I do like olives but I can imagine it would not be fun to see your salad inudated with it and so little cheese which would be a great source of protein. Glad to hear the dizziness is subsiding a bit and you are able to be up and about more doing things and in time getting back your strength and conditioning

betty

Toriz said...

Deanna:
Thanks.

Yeah, a lot of mushroom products exist, and a lot of mushrooms are in vegetarian meals. Good news for me, but it must be a real problem for you!

Laurie:
Thanks. Yes, a good sleep always helps!

I'm a lacto-ovo vegetarian, so I do eat eggs. I figure they aren't chickens until they get fertalized (just like the eggs a woman releases every month aren't embrios/babies until they're fertalized). I prefer to get free range to increase the chance of good treatment for the chickens though.

Betty:
Thanks!

Yes, more cheese would have been good.

AliceKay said...

I'm also glad to hear you're dizziness has stopped for now and that you're sleeping better. Getting enough sleep certainly helps with the mindset.

I hate olives, too. And spicy things kill my gut. No olives or chili for me, please. LOL

I've been playing a little "catch up" with things this morning but the morning has already gone over into the afternoon and it's now lunch time so I best hurry along. I hope you're having a good Sunday.

(will scroll up to the next post now)

Toriz said...

AK:
Thanks!

I'm glad it's not just me with the olives and chilli!

Yes, I'm having a fantastic Sunday. You'll get to hear about it soon... I have some other things to catch you up on first though!

Rita said...

Glad you're feeling better and on days. It really makes a difference being on days. What a disappointing salad, though. Is it possible to ask them to make it without the olives? Then they'd probably put more of the other ingredients in there. Just a thought. :):)

Intense Guy said...

I love olives. Give them all to me! Smiles.

Toriz said...

Iggy:
Works for me!