Thursday, July 26, 2012

Here comes the train... Choo-choo!

When Kelly, Kero and I came here in October we took pictures of just about everything throughout our journey.  But by the time we got off the last train we were too tired to think about getting a photo of it so you could see the other train too.  We've been on it and past it several times since we live near the station, and use the train to go in to Hastings, but we always either forget to grab the photo, or find we forgot to take the camera with us.  Well, Kelly was crossing the bridge as it was about to come through the tunnel the other day, and actually had the camera with him, so - remembering that I'd said I wanted a photo of it - he grabbed this photo for me to share.



OK, so it might not be the exact train we came down from London on, but it would be one just like it, and Kelly used this one to go to (or come back from; I forget which) Hastings, so it counts!

12 comments:

laurie said...

those photos are amazing to me, I have never been on a train ever, beautiful scenery as well!!!Hastings, that makes me think of the BBC shows we watch, we love British television, we subscribe to the BBC channel and enjoy it so much, we are so looking forward to the Olympics, I hope you have a wonderful day,

Toriz said...

Laurie:
Hastings is featured a lot because it was the site of one of the biggest battles in this country (well, I think it was one of the biggest battles anyway). We live quite near Hastings.

That corgi :) said...

Its a neat picture of the train, Tori; Kelly did a good job taking it! And now it about completes your journey to your new home :)

betty

Intense Guy said...

Someday I'd like to ride that train!

Toriz said...

Betty:
It does indeed! :)

Iggy:
Come for a visit and you can ride it... It's the one we have to take to go anywhere from here by train anyway, be it just in to Hastings to one of the other areas around here, or all the way up to London, so if you come for a visit we can easily go somewhere where you'll get to ride that train! :)

Connie Mitan said...

Better late than never on the photo.

Wanted to let you know, I gave you an award for your blog: http://pyrosunfire.blogspot.com/2012/07/another-blog-award.html

~Sunfire

Magaly Guerrero said...

Lovely pick, the skyline is amazing. I love the way the houses seem to hover above the train.

P.S. I've been locked out of my email since last night ;-( I hope to be able to get into it soon. In case you've emailed me.

Toriz said...

Connie:
Yep, better late than never. And, hey, I managed it before we'd been here a year, LOL!

Awwww... Thanks! Will come over and grab it later on today. :)

Mags:
Glad you liked the photo.

I had e-mailed you, but then I e-mailed you again to say that most of what I wanted didn't matter any more anyway. Hope you can get back in to your e-mail soon though.

Deanna said...

It definitely counts!

There is something magical about trains. That would be a cool one to ride.

Toriz said...

Deanna:
Glad you think so. And I agree; there's something magical about trains and train rides!

AliceKay said...

Great shot, Kelly! I think he timed it perfectly. :)

Toriz said...

AK:
Glad you liked the photo! :)