Monday, July 09, 2012

Bad blogger and final batch of courses

I’d like to say the reason I’ve been so bad at keeping up to date on blogs is good; that I’ve been so busy doing fun stuff that I just haven’t had time for blogging. But that’s only partially true. The thing is, the main reason I’ve been a bad blogger is that where I’m not feeling too great physically I’m not feeling like doing much. And on the odd occasion when I feel like doing something I’ve been going for the things I want to do most (like working on some stories I hope to publish in the not-too-distant future). About the only thing I’ve been doing a lot of is reading (hence all the book reviews lately). So, on the one hand my lack of participation on blogs half the time recently is because I’m doing fun things I want to do more (reading and writing), but on the other hand it isn’t, because I’d be able to do those things and keep up with the blogs no problem if I wasn’t feeling so run down. Of course, it also doesn’t help that my laptop seems to have decided it’s fun to annoy me by turning off at random. *Sigh* But, anyway, I’m sorry for being a bad bloggy buddy lately!



Anyway...



I just finished grabbing another batch of courses (actually, I finished grabbing them almost a week ago, but whatever). If you’re interested they’re:



Simplify Your Life

Start An Ebay Business

Think Like A Genius

Time Management Tools

Travel Writing: An Introduction

Video/Computer Games Writing

Writing A Business Plan

Writing To Newspapers



I’m done! There are plenty more on E-mail College, but none I care if I don’t have. Besides, I now have 140 of their courses, plus a couple I got from Creative Writing Now. I think that’s enough to be getting on with! So the only thing I plan to do with them now is read them, and do the excercises for the courses I want to do.



I have a few other things I can blog about, but I’ll save those for another day.




10 comments:

laurie said...

I hope you feel better soon, it sounds like you have been very busy, lots going on in your world, I always find your posts so interesting, and your reviews are excellent, be happy and well.

Parsley said...

Feel better!

Deanna said...

I do hope your energy levels improve soon. Anemia seems like a kind of minor thing but it truly makes one feel like a wrung out washcloth. I checked out the course offerings last time you mentioned them and signed up for three. I put them in files but have yet to actually read them. Soon, though! Have a great week.

That corgi :) said...

It does sound like you've been busy learning a lot Tori; I hope you feel better soon!

betty

AliceKay said...

140 courses are a lot of courses. I hope you enjoy the ones you've chosen to do.

I hope you feel more like yourself soon. Working on your stories is important. Work there when you can and don't worry about the blogs. They will be there when you have the time to get to them.

Energy is something I'm lacking at the moment. Too much to do and not enough energy to do them.

Hope your Monday was a good one.

Dezinaworld said...

Hi Tori, I hope soon, you will feel a lot better and brighter. Take care my friend
hugs June x

Deanna said...

Blogging should be fun, not a chore. I've not been so good about blogging lately either. My mojo just isn't there. Enjoy your reading. I'm enjoying your reviews, although I'm not so good at commenting on them! Hope your energy level improves soon.

Intense Guy said...

Did that course called "Think Like a Genius" work out any? Think I should try it?

Rita said...

Hey, you're having fun writing and reading and doing classes. Enjoy!! :)

Toriz said...

Laurie:
Thanks very much! 

Parsley:
Thanks!

Deanna:
Thanks, and yeah it does make you feel like that!

That’s cool about you grabbing some of the courses. Don’t feel bad, I’ve collected all the ones I want, but apart from a few activities for one of the first ones I got I haven’t done any of them yet, LOL!

Betty:
Thanks!

AK:
Yeah, it is a lot. I wont be doing all of them though. Some are more information than anything, some are ones I knew when I grabbed the I’d be unlikely to use, but figured they were free so I’d grab them in case I changed my mind (“Writing To Newspapers” is an example of that category), and others are ones I definitely plan to do. In the “definitely plan to do” category are mostly ones I can use to generate at least rough new stories, so you should see the results of those in the future.

And thanks; about the blogs thing. I know that’s the case, but I still feel guilty when I’m not around. Hey, at least I’ve had reviews to keep people entertained. ;)

June:
Thanks!

Deanna:
Thanks! And I’m glad you’ve been enjoying the reviews; no worries about not commenting.

Iggy:
From what I was reading when I was transferring the lessons in to word documents, it seems interesting. Doesn’t hurt to try it; you never know... ;)

Rita:
Thanks; I am! 