OK, first things first, there is no weekly weigh-in post this week because the scales wouldn't work. So, we don't know what I lost this week - if anything - *shrugs helplessly*On a brighter note, I was FINALLY able to get the stuff that I wanted with the money that I got for my brithday and for Christmas. When I got the money it ended up going on other stuff, but I was finally able to get caught up from Christmas and I now have the brand new mp3 player and mobile phone that I wanted. The mp3 player is a 1 GB Itronics and it's awesome. If you stop it before you've listened to all the tunes and turn it off, it saves your spot so you can just carry on from where you left off. Even if you were in the middle of the song. And the phone (a Nokia 5300) can do bluetooth and has a removable memory card for transfering mp3s, photos or video clips to and from the PC. I've never had a phone with bluetooth on it before, but Mam, Dad and Wayne all have phones with bluetooth and I thought maybe it was time I did too. Besides, I needed a new phone for two reasons; 1. the last time I had a new phone was about 2 years ago and it wasn't new, it was Mam's old one that she didn't want any more because she had a new one (she's had about two new phones since she gave me that one). 2. I dropped my phone the other day - well, actually, it was on a cord around my neck and the cord broke - and phones don't do so well when they hit concrete floors... oops! And I figured if I'm getting a new phone I might as well just use up all my birthday and Christmas money and get one worth having. LOL!
Couldn't get my mp3 player working at first. I was getting so angry with it. I was doing what the booklet thing said and it wasn't working. Turned out that when I put the tunes on it I put them in the system folder and not the folder they should have gone in. Well, if they'd lavel the folders better instead of using the dumb jumbled letters that might make sense to them but certainly don't to the rest of us, I wouldn't have had the problem, would I? Stupid fucking people!
It didn't take me long to get my new phone figured out though because most of my phones have been Nokia. The phone I just broke was a Nokia 6610i and the layout of a Nokia is basically the same it's just with the newer models there are added features in some of the sections.
We came SO close to having snow today! There was a light dusting when I woke up, but by the time I was leaving for town a little after 8:00 am this morning it was just a few patches of ice and the sun was coming out. It's been bitterly cold all day though and the forecast is for snow the rest of the week. Here's hoping, eh? Yeah, I know, I'm the only one who wants it, but if nobody else wants their snow they're welcome to send it to me. And, yes, I'll even take the cold and the winds and all that with it. I just want some snow!!!
OK, well, I'm going to end this here for today because I want to go check other blogs, get the dishes washed, get some laundry done and still get to bed before midnight... LOL!
Tori
5 comments:
concrats on your new toys , and i know you will have fun with them , and yes you can have all my snow when it comes .
grandma x
Thanks you Grandma. lol
You can have some of my cold weather. It's warmed up to a whole 0F for the overnight low (before the windchill). Oh yeah, and we got more snow today. About 4 inches.
well thats a good excuse if there ever was one. Did they say how long the scales would be broken?
MORE SNOW? NOOOOOOOOOOO don't say it!
Yes it's a lovely -18C here before the windchill this morning and -26C with the windchill brrrrrrr!
I'm happy to accept all snow offers. LOL!
Kerry,
No, they didn't. But my Nan said that when she weighed (after us last week) they weren't working right (she's about 11 stone and they said she was about 7 stone... no way she lost 4 stone in a week) and they put the "out of order" notice on it then until they could get it fixed. So I don't know. I don't look forward to weigh day but I was pissed off that it wasn't working. I get up nice and early, leave home without breakfast (which I've always hated to do, but if you eat before you get weighed the reading isn't accurate) and then find that the damn scales don't work!!! Sheesh!
Post a Comment