I learned today why so many people try to avoid taking their children shopping with them, especially once they become too big to strap in a pushchair, or strap in the seat of the trolley. Shopping trips become very exhausting when you're accompanied by a "helpful" child.
Yep, that's right, Mam and I took Shireen - Mam's Goddaughter, who's home from school for the Easter holidays, and visiting my Mam with her Mam - shopping with us today. It's been a long morning!
They say you learn something new every day. So, the lesson for today is...
If at all possible, avoid going shopping with a child you can't strap in to a pushchair or trolley.
Tori
4 comments:
I think I have a spare straitjacket you can borrow... :)
:) I sometimes shop with between 4-8 under 5s LOL
x
On Saturday we got out of the car and witnessed a young mother who didn't seem to care and a grandpa who thought foul language and yelling was a good form of discipline, shopping with a 3 or 4 year old. It was so said.
I shop with my grandkids often and we have a great time doing it. Sometimes I think too many adults is not a good thing. The child is steered by all and obeys none.
Iggy:
No, I don't think that will be needed just yet. ;)
Toasty:
Ah, so that's what's made you nuts? ;)
Punkn:
You could be right there. Besides, I think the main issue is I'm not used to it. I mean, it's the first time I've spent time with Shireen in almost a year. She wasn't naughty. It's just that her "help" was giving Mam and I twice as much work. Maybe it's easier when you're more used to doing it? *Shrugs*
Post a Comment