Here's a photo of them.
Here is a seporate photo of the ones in the plastic tub (the ones that wouldn't fit in the pot without crowding the seeds). This tub is atub from Chinese take-away. I kept it to freeze leftovers in. But when I needed another tub/pot for the seeds Mam made holes in the bottom of it for me to use.
And here are the ones in the pot that I had for Easter.
They are now on our living room windowsill (it's the one that gets the best sun). And it looks as though I will soon need to get some more pots and seporate them out. :)
Tori
13 comments:
oh my, your gonna have a glorious display of sunflowers....
Where they the yellow ones or the mixed ones with white and red sunflowers?
I LOVE sunflowers.... especially in the garden in the summer....
We got the last 8 big fence panels put in last night (knackered me out lol) so now I will have a nice new backdrop of me sunflowers :)
x
Toasty:
I think they're the mixed ones, but I'm not sure. Mam did tell me, I think, but I don't remember.
Excellent (about your garden progress).
WOW Tori well done to you, they are all looking great in thier blue and pink pots, i just might get some " sun flower seeds " for my garden as they are so majestic when they are full grown, :), i wish you the best of luck with them love.x
where heck did i get the " green tub " when its " clear ones " and pink, oops, sorry. :).
Those sunny flowers are really sprouting! I hope you, Marmy, and your grandmother all have glorious splashes of flowers.
I LOVE sunflowers too! I am so jealous. You definitely have a green thumb or a magical hot water heater.
They look great. Where in your yard are you going to plant them? I'm sure the birdies will enjoy the seeds that they produce.
Grandma:
I was wondering where you got the blue from too, since I was sure I was told the tub was clear. LOL!
Iggy:
Thanks. I didn't expect this many to sprout. Especially not this soon.
Punkn:
We'll soon see which it is. If it turns out I can grow stuff then they'll keep thriving. If not then we'll know it was the heater. LOL!
Barb:
Not sure yet. I'm going to get some bigger pots and grow them more before I put them out, so I have plenty of time to figure that out.
Looks like your sunflower crop is off to a great start.
I've got a black thumb so I dont even bother anymore. If Im killing already full-grown plants then seedlings dont have a shot.
Ohhh I love sunflowers, looks like you will have some good ones!!
AK:
Yes, they do seem to be.
Styxie:
I have had a bit of success growing things from seeds before, so I did stand a chance of managing to grow them. It's just been a while (like before I was married) since I attempted to grow anything.
Wendy:
It certainly does. :)
Ahhh, I hope your sunflowers grow fabulously! Thanks for sharing your sprouts with us, Tori!
Post a Comment