If you want to know more about the book, or the author, click on whichever it is you want to learn more about, and it will take you to the appropriate page on Goodreads. Clicking on my rating should take you to my actual Goodreads review for the book in question. Please bear in mind that the format I've reviewed on Goodreads may not be the format I actually read.
Alternatively, if it's a movie or TV show you want to know more about, just click on the title to go to a page where you can find out more details about the movie or TV show in question; the title links will usually take you to a page on IMDB.
Don't forget: I read and watch things across multiple genres, as well as for different age ranges, so you should always check before reading or viewing, to make certain something is suitable for the intended audience, especially when children are involved.
OK...
Here's what I read this week:
Changes by Jim ButcherMy rating: 4 of 5 stars
For the most part I loved this book as much as I have the others in the series. In fact, in some ways I loved it more,, because I've become so invested in the characters by this point, and the stakes are certainly high in this one. So, why only four stars? The cliffhanger ending. I've let some cliffhangers slide with this author, but this one... WOW! Leaving the ending like that is just mean! I'm glad I had the next book already, because it would have driven me nuts otherwise. As it was I had to stay up a while longer to start the next book. I know that's the whole point of cliffhangers, but I hate when authors do it.
As for what I've been watching:
I actually watched some of my DVDs during the past week. Yeah, I know. I'll give you a moment to pick yourself back up off the floor. All set? Are you back on your chair now? No serious injuries from falling down from the shock of what I just said? Great! *wink*
Anyway, I watched the first three disks of season eight of NCIS. Yeah, I know, I'm incredibly behind on episodes of that. I'm incredibly behind on pretty much everything I want to wach though, so never mind. Honestly, the only thing longer than my to-watch list is my to-read list. Haha! At least I'm now a few disks - half a season, in fact - closer to catching up with NCIS. Hey, it's progress, and any progress is good progress, right?
I also watched some movies on Sky Cinema Disney the other day, while I was doing stuff within earshot of the TV for a long time, but didn't want to fuss with a DVD, so thought I'd check out what was on TV I could watch. They were all ones I've seen several times before though. I watched "Bolt" and "Pocahantas" from start to finish, and "The Lion King" from about ten minutes in to the movie until the end (because that's how far through it was when I went to see what was on the channel). All three are movies I love, so I was happy to watch them again, despite having seen all three several times already.
2 comments:
I still haven't seen any of NCIS...one day.
All the movies are good ones, yes. :)
Rita:
Well, at least there are people more behind on it than me. LOL!
Post a Comment