I'll get the recipe written up, and when the person in charge of doing so gets a chance, it will get put on my website's recipe section, along with a few other vegan recipes I plan to put on there. No promises as to when though.
In the meantime, since today marks three months since I went vegan, I thought it was a good day to give a mention to some of the websites I didn't list in my last post like this, so you can check them out if you're looking for vegan or vegetarian friendly recipes, information, and nutrition resources. It's also a good way for me to gather them together, so I can find them more easily myself when I want to. *wink*
Remember: just because these are vegan recipe sites, doesn't mean they aren't worth checking out for those of you who are non-vegans. Sure, some of the recipes won't appeal to you. But that's the case for vegans checking them out too. Besides, you might find some great ideas for starters or side dishes, or things you can serve your vegetarian and vegan guests if you're cooking for a crowd, or even something you fancy trying for a meat-free Monday meal idea, or healthy breakfast/lunch. You might even get inspired to create your own recipe based on one of the ones you see on these sites, but adapted to fit whatever your own dietary preferences might be. Options are limitless when you're cooking and baking, so check out as many recipes as you can, and experiment. After all, that's half the fun of cooking!
Anyway, as I said in last month's post, this is far from a complete list, but here are those websites...
- So Vegan
- Rabbit And Wolves
- The Buddhist Chef
- PETA UK
- Oh My Veggies
- Rebel Recipes
- Ordinary Vegan
- Art Of Zen Foods
- Vegan Recipe Club
- Fat Free Vegan Kitchen
- Minimalist Baker (mainly vegan/plant based, but not exclusively).
4 comments:
I may pass this on to our niece who has decided to try vegan.
Jeanie:
Well, if you do, I hope she finds it helpful. :)
This is brilliant, thank you for this. I don't eat garlic (I just don't like the taste) so that advice on the seasoning was good. Congratulations on going vegan, I have struggled to go completely vegan myself after having a bad reaction to lots of vegan milk alternatives which make me feel ill for an unknown reason. I only drink occassional milk in tea every now and again but having some recipes to try might definitely help me feel more able to experiment and become a complete vegan which I do want to do. :)
Cat:
You're very welcome. I'm glad the information regarding the seasoning was helpful to you; I know not everyone likes garlic, and it just happened to be what I decided to use, since I'm a fan of it, and the quiche recipe I most often use includes it. You can almost always swap out seasonings to adjust them to your own tastes. At least, I've had plenty of success with doing so. Speaking of which, I hope you enjoy trying out some of the recipes.
Post a Comment