Anyone who says they have only one life to live must not know how to read a book.
~Unknown
Welcome to this week's weekly media shares and reviews post!
*Disclaimer: no matter what's being reviewed, all opinions in this post are entirely my own, and I reserve the right to have them, regardless of who may or may not share them. Feel free to express your own in the comments, but please respect my right - and the rights of other commenters - to have opinions that might differ from yours, and to express those opinions too.
Also, please remember that I read/watch/listen to things in a variety of genres, and for all ages, so you should make sure you check that the book/movie/show/song is suitable for the intended audience before reading/watching/listening to it, especially if children are involved. I take no responsibility for anything which may happen as a result of failing to do so.
If you want to know more about the book, or the author, click on whichever it is you want to learn more about, and it will take you to the appropriate page on Goodreads. Clicking on my rating should take you to my actual Goodreads review for the book in question. Please bear in mind that the format I've reviewed on Goodreads may not be the format I actually read.
Alternatively, if it's a movie or TV show you want to know more about, just click on the title to go to a page where you can find out more details about the movie or TV show in question; the title links will usually take you to a page on IMDB.
Unless otherwise stated, all music videos are via YouTube.
OK, so... Let's see what I've been reading, watching, and listening to, shall we?
This week I read...
Abducted by Katrina CopeMy rating: 5 of 5 stars
The plot of this one is slower-paced than the previous books, but really that's welcome, especially since it gives us a chance to get the answers to some questions raised throughout the series so far. Of course, there's still plenty going on, along with some new information to ponder, making this a gripping read I devoured in one sitting, and an excellent addition to the series. I can't wait to read the next book!
*NOTE: I was given a free advanced copy of this book by the author in exchange for an honest review. This fact has in no way influenced either my opinion of the book, or the contents of this review.
As for what I've been watching this week...
I watched five DVDs during the past week; I declared a DVD weekend, and watched more of "The Big Bang Theory" on Saturday and Sunday, finishing season 4, watching all of season 5, and starting season 6.
I also watched two Christmas movies on Sky Cinema Christmas. Both were new to me movies, so here are my reviews:
The Star (2017 movie):
Had this movie not been starting as I put the TV on to see what was on, I doubt I would have watched it. I tell you what though, I actually did enjoy it quite a lot. I mean, I'm not religeous, but the cute talking animals in this movie, and fact the focus was on them caught and kept my interest, so that I ended up really enjoying the movie, despite my conflicting beliefs, and fact I usually avoid these kinds of Christmas movies. It really was a sweet movie, with some pretty entertaining scenes. If you're looking for a fun Christmas movie, and either don't mind, or spacifically want, a focus on the birth of Jesus part of Christmas, especially if the intended audience is or includes children, you might want to check this one out. For the combination of how good it actually turned out to be, and its ability to make me enjoy it despite the subject matter, I give this movie five out of five stars.
Home Alone: The Holiday Heist (2012 TV movie):
It was a refreshing change to have a different family and set of crooks represented in the Home Alone movies, and there were some excellent and entertaining scenes. This movie wasn't as good as the first couple of Home Alone movies were though. Still, I definitely did really enjoy it, and would watch it again. So, I give this movie four out of five stars.
Last, but not least, this week I've been listening to...
I've been listening to more Christmas music, as well as some random other songs. There were several I could have posted, but I just have to share this one, which a fellow blogger posted last week. Fans of Star Trek will especially enjoy this clip of Captain Picard singing "Make it So" (Let it Snow).
4 comments:
That was really funny! I haven't watched that show yet, but I know of it. I plan to catch up on all the Star Trek shows one day. :)
Rita:
I've missed a lot of Star Trek episodes too. I've seen more Voyager than any of the others (partially because it's my favourite). Anyway, glad you enjoyed the clip.
I rewatched (for the probably hundredth time) White Christmas last night. I know I'll see it again before the season ends!
Jeanie:
Whatever makes you happy. :)
Post a Comment